Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

In PA, this was the first election that mail-in ballots were opened to every single voter as an option. It is disingenuous to say that this has always been standard practice for a wide variety of voters. The number of people in these states who voted by mail has historically been a tiny fraction who were mostly military.

But the fact of the matter is you still have to go through the application process. The only thing that has changed this year is some states mailed applications to every registered voter and/or made Covid-19 a valid reason to request an absentee ballot in states that require an excuse (Connecticut is one such state). There's no issue with mail ballots or voter fraud in general. This has been studied to death. You will consume more parts per million of cockroach in your food today than there are fraudulent ballots being cast.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Is that what all the alcoholics say as they blackout?

It’s the same with gummies. It is NO different. Taking 50mg at once is like shotgunning a 6 pack in consecutive order, without taking a break. ‘guns don’t kill people, people do.’...so don’t blame the substance, blame the person. 

#freedom ?

I can't tell you the last time that I shotgunned a six pack...Wait, I remember now. Never.  One beer at a time when in college, but a six pack?  

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

IPAs have absolutely destroyed my stomach to the point where I'm almost gluten intolerant/sugar intolerant. 

I can't have an a tasty tasty IPA without getting severely bloated. I used to drink IPAs religiously.  I can have a 9% Imperial stout with no effect.  One IPA and I'm toast. 

I am the same way. I can't do the IPAs any more.

2 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I've heard this is a popular brewery up in MA. Near Sturbridge village? Now on the Cape?

Its in Charlton. They’ve grown from a small barn in Brimfield 8 years ago to the largest brewery in the country and possibly globally. The place on the cape sounds like opening for summer 21 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Its in Charlton. They’ve grown from a small barn in Brimfield 8 years ago to the largest brewery in the country and possibly globally. The place on the cape sounds like opening for summer 21 

Well depending on the status of Covid I'll have to check out their location on the Cape next summer. The plan is to be up there in June for a week to see family . I've heard the microbrewery scene has really taken off over the past 3-4 years or so.

I used to be a high-gravity IPA fiend but as I got older the bloated feeling and calories just kinda turned me off. I still enjoy one every now and then. I have turned more to wine lately. Sometimes even mixed with sparkling water. Kind of a lady drink but it’s lighter and easier on my health, so I don’t care. 

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

IPAs have absolutely destroyed my stomach to the point where I'm almost gluten intolerant/sugar intolerant. 

I can't have an a tasty tasty IPA without getting severely bloated. I used to drink IPAs religiously.  I can have a 9% Imperial stout with no effect.  One IPA and I'm toast. 

There is definitely residual sugar in them but it’s probably the suspend yeast and alpha acids in the hops that are doing a number on you.  Alcohol already causes inflammation when you throw in the other two aforementioned ingredients it can definitely affect your digestive organs. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They are considering opening a huge brewery in Deerfield, the next town south of me. 
Still not anything official but they are definitely trying to buy a big building right off of I-91. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fisher already mark out his own table at the Cape place?

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

And at what point is a brewery no longer "craft"?  I think there could actually be a of barrels produced limit for that definition.

Used to be quite large.

There was a time when it was clear who made a beer. ... An American craft brewer, defined by the Brewers Association, has an annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less, and no more than 25% of the craft brewery is owned or controlled by an alcoholic beverage industry member that is not a craft brewer