Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This really was a tale of two elections 

Biden will be in white house when Trumps tantrum is over BUT Pelosi and congress dems are absolutely pissed in a huge way .

Doesn't matter to Congressional dems who is in White House  really,  when they were counting on a blue wave that didn’t happen . They won’t get anything they want to Biden to sign .Not getting the senate has devastated their moral and they even lost many seats in house (that they still control barely ) . This really isn’t hyperbole.

So states that have a huge Revenue shortfall (NY/ ILL.  and were counting on a blue wave stimulus to states now have to crawl back to Moscow Mitch in Senate . That old turtle looking fella is smiling ear to ear . 

Trump was close as I figured he would be as polls will never grasp the Trump support who would rather not interact with pollsters and face judgement , but in the end he fell short or will .

Trump supporters in general and all the deep red districts will only be emboldened by this. Democratic Party needs to get their shit together.  Badly! 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Seems perfectly normal:

https://mkecitywire.com/stories/564495243-analysis-seven-milwaukee-wards-report-more-2020-presidential-votes-than-registered-voters-biden-nets-146k-votes-in-city

Analysis: Seven Milwaukee wards report more 2020 presidential votes than registered voters; Biden nets 146K votes in city

This kind of stuff happens all the time in every election I'm sure. It's just magnified in a close one.

Still baffles me we sent a men to the moon with the equivalent of a wire wrapped 4 k Commodore computer over 50 years ago and we cant keep track of voters and tally an election in 2020. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Trump supporters in general and all the deep red districts will only be emboldened by this. Democratic Party needs to get their shit together.  Badly! 

Nobody in politics is getting their crap together . Here is their game plan in Washington . Listen to lobbyists , advance your career. Say whatever it takes (in public  ) to be re-elected and say whatever it takes to be funded (in private)  every time your up for re-election. 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nobody in politics is getting their crap together . Here is their game plan in Washington . Listen to lobbyists , advance your career. Say whatever it takes (in public  ) to be re-elected and say whatever it takes to be funded (in private)  every time your up for relelefriib 

Politics is fake

Wrestling is real 

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

This kind of stuff happens all the time in every election I'm sure. It's just magnified in a close one.

Still baffles me we sent a men to the moon with the equivalent of a wire wrapped 4 k Commodore computer over 50 years ago and we cant keep track of voters and tally an election in 2020. 

It wasn’t even a Commodore!  They didn’t exist yet! (They were still manufacturing typewriters then).  But yeah.   Seems like we could handle this better. 

23 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

No, I just haven't posted there in a year and a half. I will stop clogging up this thread. Message received.

ha. I just didn’t see you over there and saw all of the posts here so figured something may have happened. I rarely go over there so I’m out of the loop. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nobody in politics is getting their crap together . Here is their game plan in Washington . Listen to lobbyists , advance your career. Say whatever it takes (in public  ) to be re-elected and say whatever it takes to be funded (in private)  every time your up for re-election. 

There is not two parties, there is one party,  the fundraising party. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This really was a tale of two elections 

Biden will be in white house when Trumps tantrum is over BUT Pelosi and congress dems are absolutely pissed in a huge way .

Doesn't matter to Congressional dems who is in White House  really,  when they were counting on a blue wave that didn’t happen . They won’t get anything they want to Biden to sign .Not getting the senate has devastated their moral and they even lost many seats in house (that they still control barely ) . This really isn’t hyperbole.

So states that have a huge Revenue shortfall (NY/ ILL.  and were counting on a blue wave stimulus to states now have to crawl back to Moscow Mitch in Senate . That old turtle looking fella is smiling ear to ear . 

Trump was close as I figured he would be as polls will never grasp the Trump support who would rather not interact with pollsters and face judgement , but in the end he fell short or will , the numbers in key states show  this barely But still CLEARLY If you know what to look at. There is a reason Vegas is at 90% now for Biden .

Agree with it all. 

Side note, Vegas had Donald at 68% to win late last night and favored for the first time since May 5th so...Vegas, like polls, can be tossed. 

Get ready for 4 years of a do nothing DC though with Moscow Mitch blocking everything. 

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There is not two parties, there is one party,  the fundraising party. 

There is only one real party - the republican party. Then there's this other group of disorganized feckless politicians who call themselves democrats who literally don't know what day of the week it is much less formulate coherent political strategy.

34 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Because like pandemic response, we have 50 different governments, all doing their own thing. If we had one uniform system across the country, like every other country in the world, this wouldn't be such a mess every other November.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not to change subjects, but wth is going on in Coos county with COVID? They have jumped to the 5th highest active case county total in the state. There's more cases in Pittsburg than my town.

How many people are there in Pittsburg to begin with?  That is way far north and rural.

Edit: Oh I see you are talking total cases, not percentage of population or rate.

24 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not to change subjects, but wth is going on in Coos county with COVID? They have jumped to the 5th highest active case county total in the state. There's more cases in Pittsburg than my town.

Best guess is part-time Connecticut residents.

The pandemic is roaring across the Midwest and Plains states. Seven states set records for hospitalizations for COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus. And Connecticut, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska and North Dakota saw jumps of more than 45 percent in their seven-day rolling average of new infections, considered the best measure of the spread of the virus.

• Haha 2

Just now, PhineasC said:

Oh man, VT was right with the quarantine for Coos!

Danger ahead!  Locally in north/central VT, in Montpelier there was like 40 cases in the past two weeks associated with an ice rink/arena (Central VT Memorial Civic Center) that was hosting youth and adult hockey leagues.  It can spread just as easily in NNE, but luckily deaths and hospitalizations seem decently lower than back in the spring.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Danger ahead!  Locally in north/central VT, in Montpelier there was like 40 cases in the past two weeks associated with an ice rink/arena (Central VT Memorial Civic Center) that was hosting youth and adult hockey leagues.  It can spread just as easily in NNE, but luckily deaths and hospitalizations seem decently lower than back in the spring.

What is it with hockey? I understand it is inside but most rinks have plenty of airspace. Must be the locker rooms.

1 hour ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

What I don't understand is why we have to choose between two guys who's children normally would be fighting over who's house Dad has to move into? How about a nice 50 yr old person who might be able to connect with the various generations?

I’m free. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s up to 120 now. Apparently it was a guy who traveled and didn’t do any of the quarantine stuff when he came back and didn’t tell anyone when he wasn’t feeling well. They tie it more to car pooling and other interactions more than transmission while playing. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

40ish cases linked to hockey down here in Fitchburg.  A bunch more in NH and eastern MA.       

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Do you want that job?  It sounds like signing up for a daily colonoscopy for the next four years.

I’ve lead a pretty tame life, let ‘em look. What’re they going to tar me with? The fact I don’t keep a DIT-like lawn?  Or that I don’t measure snow as well as JSpin?  I’d make a cabinet level position Snow Czar and have you traveling around the country ensuring ski areas are correctly snow reporting. Instead of a summer White House, I’d have a winter White House in Valdez. I’d get government scientists straight to developing a simple, affordable home snowmaking machine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2