• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

These delays in the vote tallies are kind of ridiculous now. PA saying they may not have “most” of their votes counted until Friday. NV holding their counts until tomorrow for seemingly no reason. Delays in AZ and MI too. I am not claiming a conspiracy per se, it’s highly probable these states are just incompetent. We need to be better than this either way. It does not inspire much confidence. They will be finding boxes of mail-in ballots for weeks. 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The billions and billions spent on campaigns is ridiculous. We know who gets rich on them, the same corporations that feed us MSM bullshit day after day. 

I deleted Facebook and cut the cable on TV.  It's glorious.   No more MSM nonsense.   No political ads. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

These delays in the vote tallies are kind of ridiculous now. PA saying they may not have “most” of their votes counted until Friday. NV holding their counts until tomorrow for seemingly no reason. Delays in AZ and MI too. I am not claiming a conspiracy per se, it’s highly probable these states are just incompetent. We need to be better than this either way. It does not inspire much confidence. They will be finding boxes of mail-in ballots for weeks. 

Delays happen.  I'd say the statement below could fuel some conspiracy theories though.  A batch of votes came out of Philly that didn't have one vote for Trump.  From Aaron Bycoffe at fivethirtyeight:

And just as I wrote that, two more batches of Pennsylvania vote were reported: 23,277 votes in Philadelphia, all for Biden, and about 5,300 votes in Luzerne County, nearly 4,000 of which were for Biden. Trump’s lead in the state is now just below 6 points, with 83 percent of the expected vote in.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Delays happen.  I'd say the statement below could fuel some conspiracy theories though.  A batch of votes came out of Philly that didn't have one vote for Trump.  From Aaron Bycoffe at fivethirtyeight:

And just as I wrote that, two more batches of Pennsylvania vote were reported: 23,277 votes in Philadelphia, all for Biden, and about 5,300 votes in Luzerne County, nearly 4,000 of which were for Biden. Trump’s lead in the state is now just below 6 points, with 83 percent of the expected vote in.

Nothing to see there I’m sure. 

And we have never had delays like this. 

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Nothing to see there I’m sure. 

And we have never had delays like this. 

Yeah we’ve never held an election during a pandemic.  I thought most states were clear that it would be days before they count everything upfront.  The USPS is finding election mail in distribution centers and stuff like that still.  I also didn’t know that like many states have regs that they have till early December to certify the results in their state.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah we’ve never held an election during a pandemic.  I thought most states were clear that it would be days before they count everything upfront.  The USPS is finding election mail in distribution centers and stuff like that still.  I also didn’t know that like many states have regs that they have till early December to certify the results in their state.  

Yeah, they will be finding ballots for weeks I'm sure...

• Weenie 1

I think it's perfectly fair to take another look at the glut of mail-in ballots from singular urban cores that appear to be solely responsible for putting Biden over the top in WI, MI, and possibly PA. It isn't like a wide Biden margin across the states here. He's doing it all in Philly, Detroit, and Milwaukee on mail-in ballots that were dropped off in trucks. It's worth checking those, IMO. If we want to call this an unprecedented election due to COVID, that seems only fair.

• Weenie 1

7 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I'm surprised that NH didn't go for Trump based on all the signs I saw up there. 

7 hours ago, dendrite said:

I saw way fewer Trump signs around my area vs 16. Way more for Biden vs Hillary too. I don’t base it on signs, but I’m not surprised by the outcome. 

It's not the number of Trump signs up here......it's the F'ng size of them. Like why do all the Trump-ites have to flaunt that they support the cheeto dust covered little guy so emphatically?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think it's perfectly fair to take another look at the glut of mail-in ballots from singular urban cores that appear to be solely responsible for putting Biden over the top in WI, MI, and possibly PA. It isn't like a wide Biden margin across the states here. He's doing it all in Philly, Detroit, and Milwaukee on mail-in ballots that were dropped off in trucks. It's worth checking those, IMO. If we want to call this an unprecedented election due to COVID, that seems only fair.

Yeah I agree it’s reasonable.  Funny how perfectly this has been forecast by numerous political analysts ahead of time.  Trumps been sowing seeds of doubt for months and everything I read basically had this as the progression.  If Trump wins, it’s legit.  Biden wins, someone cheated.  Next we’ll do recounts and lawsuits.

I’m all for recounts in any close election if it’s less than 1%.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I agree it’s reasonable.  Funny how perfectly this has been forecast by numerous political analysts ahead of time.  Trumps been sowing seeds of doubt for months and everything I read basically had this as the progression.  If Trump wins, it’s legit.  Biden wins, someone cheated.  Next we’ll do recounts and lawsuits.

I’m all for recounts in any close election if it’s less than 1%.

In fairness, none of the mainstream pundits had it anywhere near to this close. 

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, my wife and I have had to pay a lot more the past two years than any time before it.  I still haven't figured out why lol.  Owed thousands in April when I used to get like a nominal amount back.  

My federal tax returns post-Trumptax are $600-$800 lower than before.  Of course my federal tax deductions are $1200-$1400 lower.  Seems like a small win.  (Thanks to my wife and I being well into SSI age, our household income is a bit above the Maine median, though close to the national.  The endlessly repeated commercials in Maine's senate race claiming that the 2017 tax law hammered the middle class were a bit hyperbolic.) 

There is a very real scenario where this all comes down to that split electoral vote in Nebraska that went to Biden.

Offset by Maine's 2nd district. Last I looked, 213 electors had been called for Trump.  Electors in undecided PA, NC, GA, AK total 54 which would leave him 3 short if he wins those states.  (Why is AK in doubt?  Sure there's only 50% counted but Trump is up 66%/34% in a reliably red state.)  If Nevada also finishes red, the White House stays that color.  Some big "ifs" however.

Edit:  That PHL ballot "recovery" has a bad odor.  Unless the election officials are putting Trump and Biden ballots in separate boxes (and why would they do that?) rather than merely recording and storing them, having a stash of 20,000+ ballots with   every   single   one    voting for the same candidate is beyond mere suspicion, even from a bright blue city center.

This really was a tale of two elections 

Biden will be in white house when Trumps tantrum is over BUT Pelosi and congress dems are absolutely pissed in a huge way .

Doesn't matter to Congressional dems who is in White House  really,  when they were counting on a blue wave that didn’t happen . They won’t get anything they want to Biden to sign .Not getting the senate has devastated their moral and they even lost many seats in house (that they still control barely ) . This really isn’t hyperbole.

So states that have a huge Revenue shortfall (NY/ ILL.  and were counting on a blue wave stimulus to states now have to crawl back to Moscow Mitch in Senate . That old turtle looking fella is smiling ear to ear . 

Trump was close as I figured he would be as polls will never grasp the Trump support who would rather not interact with pollsters and face judgement , but in the end he fell short or will , the numbers in key states show  this barely But still CLEARLY If you know what to look at. There is a reason Vegas is at 90% now for Biden .

• Like 2