Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I know someone who went last month. Crowds are low. Wait times are generally less than 30 minutes for most stuff. They suspended the fast pass but its really not needed right now.

Only thing that really stinks is there is no dining plan. We usually get the deluxe plan with the 3 sit downs. The way we eat with the 3 sit downs the dining plan is a good deal. They refunded us the money, but we'll probably end up paying a bit more for meals than what the dining plan refund was.

We're staying at the beach Club Villa's

Nice.  I love the Beach Club. Try to get a Sunken Treasure at Hurricane Hannah’s if it is open. The pool there is superb.  

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Alright well anyways, I do have a question. What are people planning to do for the Holidays? An honest question. 

Immediate family only. Usually it’s some aunts uncles great aunts etc... but everyone is breaking off into their own thing.

We have the biggest house, so we are hosting. 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

How did these polling clowns miss the hidden Trump vote again? I think all of us down here on Main Street from both sides of the aisle are aware of this now. These pollsters really have become even more untethered from mainstream reality it would seem. They drank gallons of their own kool-aid. Some of these polls in WI, OH, and FL were way, way off.

Nate Silver should be flipping burgers next week. 

You'd figure when the Trump campaign was redirecting ad buys from FL to other states a week before the election that would've raised some red flags with the Biden +5 polling in that state. 

Toilet poll of the election goes to ABC / Wash compost, WI +17 Biden a week before the election. Seriously how is this slop even published or factored into RCP averages?

Once again Trafalgar & Susquehanna blew away the competition

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He already has financially . That’s first and foremost. 

If Harris wins get ready for $4-5.00 gas prices again just for starters 

Not to be a dink, but aren’t you in medical sales? Did Trump help you financially, or did the pandemic that hit while he was president help you? That seems like an important distinction.

Im still waiting for Trump to save me/make me money. We bought a house last year, and we would have fared MUCH better under Obama era tax laws than we did with Trump.

Id argue that the new laws actually screwed my wife and I more than anything would have from prior administrations.

Maybe I need to make more money to reap these benefits, which is where the crux of the problem lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Not to be a dink, but aren’t you in medical sales? Did Trump help you financially, or did the pandemic that hit while he was president help you? That seems like an important distinction.

Im still waiting for Trump to save me/make me money. We bought a house last year, and we would have fared MUCH better under Obama era tax laws than we did with Trump.

Id argue that the new laws actually screwed my wife and I more than anything would have from prior administrations.

Maybe I need to make more money to reap these benefits, which is where the crux of the problem lies.

I had never owed taxes until the last two years and my pre tax pay barely increased (less than 1% per year).   

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Being in medical sales has nothing to do with anything. Whatever industry one is/was in, if they had a 401k , they made money .  

I don’t know if people don’t realize it or just choose to ignore it, but Harris has said they are going to raise taxes. That’s part of the Dems framework . It’s not up for debate. So if someone voted for them, they chose to vote for higher taxes. And in turn , gas and oil prices will go up exponentially etc etc. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had never owed taxes until the last two years and my pre tax pay barely increased (less than 1% per year).   

Yeah, my wife and I have had to pay a lot more the past two years than any time before it.  I still haven't figured out why lol.  Owed thousands in April when I used to get like a nominal amount back.  

Over 600k votes remain uncounted in AZ.

They are moving at a snail's pace to count them... for some reason. This stuff always leaves me pretty dubious about the effectiveness of these vote counters...

Anyway, it will come down to the split in the kind of vote they are. I read that they are in large part "late earlies" which means they are ballots physically dropped off at an election site the day of the election by the voter instead of being mailed. Hard to say which way that breaks. Trump has dominated on the in-person stats, Biden the mail-in, as has been the case nationally.

If Trump manages to win AZ, his odds suddenly go way up as PA still looks doable, albeit a total mess likely to be unknown for some time.

• Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Over 600k votes remain uncounted in AZ.

They are moving at a snail's pace to count them... for some reason. This stuff always leaves me pretty dubious about the effectiveness of these vote counters...

Anyway, it will come down to the split in the kind of vote they are. I read that they are in large part "late earlies" which means they are ballots physically dropped off at an election site the day of the election by the voter instead of being mailed. Hard to say which way that breaks. Trump has dominated on the in-person stats, Biden the mail-in, as has been the case nationally.

If Trump manages to win AZ, his odds suddenly go way up as PA still looks doable, albeit a total mess likely to be unknown for some time.

Trumps down 93k votes with only 600k remaining to be counted.  Based on remaining counties, highly unlikely he can overcome that deficit.  Looks like MI is the endgame.

10 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Trumps down 93k votes with only 600k remaining to be counted.  Based on remaining counties, highly unlikely he can overcome that deficit.  Looks like MI is the endgame.

NV dumping a bunch of votes at 9pm ET. AZ supposed to much more clear by then too. MI may be called as early as tonight or tomorrow, pending Trump’s attempt to stop the count. 

The Trump tax reform (whatever it was called) hurt folks in places like MA by limiting total deduction of taxes to $10,000. For folks like us, state taxes plus local property taxes are far in excess of $10K. Google SALT deductions

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

He needs to win those at about 57% to win the state. He was running at about 60% on the 300k votes counted last night. It’s a long shot but he could still squeak out a very narrow win there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My 401k did great during Obama lol. This idea that your 401k did well last year under Donnie and Donnie only is like saying you got snow because your favorite model said you would. 

image.thumb.png.d18043a4033067a62759c3de78c5d88d.png

Right.... it’s confirmation bias. “ I like Donny, so everything good that happens is because of Donny”

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Being in medical sales has nothing to do with anything. Whatever industry one is/was in, if they had a 401k , they made money .  

I don’t know if people don’t realize it or just choose to ignore it, but Harris has said they are going to raise taxes. That’s part of the Dems framework . It’s not up for debate. So if someone voted for them, they chose to vote for higher taxes. And in turn , gas and oil prices will go up exponentially etc etc. 

They are hamstrung by the senate. Expect nothing getting done

• Like 2