Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

COVID also messed up Trump's path to victory. Without COVID, this would have probably not been a very hard election for him to win. I am not sure a blowout is even possible in our current environment, but he would have won fairly clearly. But the Dems were able to rally around COVID as a campaign issue. Trump recovered somewhat with the law and order stuff in the closing months, and so here we are with a near deadlock.

I think if he had responded differently to the 'Vid he would have had a much easier time... and not so much as doing anything to stop/mitigate it, but just to voice his views on it differently.     He so desperately wanted to appeal to the Trump flag waving cult members that he alienated the middle of the road types on that issue.   We will see.  Maybe he wins anyway

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's all Trump's rhetoric, his attitude, his lying, peddling conspiracies, etc.  Very few voted for Biden.  They voted against Trump.

Trump would've won in a landslide if he just kept his mouth shut and stayed off Twitter.  His personality turns so many people off and he may very well lose because of his divisiveness rhetoric.

Like has been said, the actual President doesn't matter/effect most people.  State and local elections, and senate/house matter more to how it affects your life.  A lot of people just want less of a Saturday Night Live skit for a President at this point.  

This is the basic answer you hear. You voted for someone because you didn’t like the other person. You didn’t vote for him because he is going to improve your life, your family etc. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m just trying to get ideas and see what people are doing for the holidays. It really sucks. If there is one word that sums up the year for me, it’s frustration. 

Call me crazy, and I'm sure some will, but we're going to Disney World for 10 days over Thanksgiving. 

Planned the trip for over a year. We're still going. But we're not afraid of anything, so it really makes us no difference virus or no virus. 

Thanksgiving dinner at the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios.

• Like 2

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Call me crazy, and I'm sure some will, but we're going to Disney World for 10 days over Thanksgiving. 

Planned the trip for over a year. We're still going. But we're not afraid of anything, so it really makes us no difference virus or no virus. 

Thanksgiving dinner at the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios.

Nice! Get the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake, as well as the Martini flight.  My brother went with his family in August.  He felt very safe, but make sure you obey the rules on property.  Also, no entertainment no fireworks, no real parades.  A much different experience.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nice! Get the Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake, as well as the Martini flight.  My brother went with his family in August.  He felt very safe, but make sure you obey the rules on property.  Also, no entertainment no fireworks, no real parades.  A much different experience.

I know someone who went last month. Crowds are low. Wait times are generally less than 30 minutes for most stuff. They suspended the fast pass but its really not needed right now.

Only thing that really stinks is there is no dining plan. We usually get the deluxe plan with the 3 sit downs. The way we eat with the 3 sit downs the dining plan is a good deal. They refunded us the money, but we'll probably end up paying a bit more for meals than what the dining plan refund was.

We're staying at the beach Club Villa's

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This is the basic answer you hear. You voted for someone because you didn’t like the other person. You didn’t vote for him because he is going to improve your life, your family etc. 

The same thing was said about Hilary. People voted against her and not Donnie. It works both ways bro in a two party system so to act like it only happens your way...you’re fooled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Rain said:

It was interesting how much higher the vote totals were this time around across the board. Any massive protest of his handling of the COVID crisis and his general rhetoric were countered by the massive Trump base turnout compared with the last election cycle.  Whether you agree or not with his actions with COVID, people still came out to vote for him in much higher numbers then last election.  

And many more minorities too, which is crazy given the media rhetoric directed at Trump non-stop for years. It's almost like topics such as the economy and public safety are more important to voters than race issues...

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yup.  And most of the COVID stuff was Trump not keeping his mouth shut on some of the sound bites.  I honestly think if he just talked less, tweeted less, and didn't seem so contentious about everything he wins in a landslide.

It's not about Biden, this whole election is about Trump.  They could've ran an Alpaca up there for the Dems and it likely would've gotten the similar vote.  

^^^ THIS

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s a shame Trump’s personality is what it is, like I said.  A lot of people don’t root for the bully or a**hole.  It is what it is.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He already has financially . That’s first and foremost. 

If Harris wins get ready for $4-5.00 gas prices again just for starters 

You might have made more money because your company did well during the pandemic lol not because he magically handed you dollars while you slept at night. If he did, let me know how you did it so I can join you. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

^^^ THIS

Yeah and that’s why I laugh when people say Trump didn’t divide the nation further.  He literally divided it so much that more than half our population would vote for anything that wasn’t him, even an inanimate object.

It wasn’t policies by any stretch, it’s whenever he opens his mouth or hits a keyboard he loses another voter.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

Another interesting thing, I am not seeing anyone in my little online circle gloating or grandstanding about the results so far. Everyone just seems beaten down and sort of in shock. I don't think this thing went the way anyone expected or hoped. 

A bitter close election that will be decided by less than 80K votes in 3 states-similar to 2016.  Not exactly a mandate and likely 4 yrs of gridlock coming up with R's keeping Senate and Dems losing seats in house.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You might have made more money because your company did well during the pandemic lol not because he magically handed you dollars while you slept at night. If he did, let me know how you did it so I can join you. 

Corporate taxes are a real thing that has a real impact on how much money goes into our pockets versus the government's.

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

A bitter close election that will be decided by less than 80K votes in 3 states-similar to 2016.  Not exactly a mandate and likely 4 yrs of gridlock coming up with R's keeping Senate and Dems losing seats in house.

The results in the House and Senate make it pretty clear there is no blue wave or Biden mandate. The people have chosen near-total gridlock. If you were waiting on the new President to sweep in court packing, free healthcare, and expanded statehood, you will be disappointed. 

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Lower taxes, fewer regulations, stay out of my way...

Got it...generally the same boilerplate, generic Republican positions I hear from most friends and family who lean right.  Curious, which type of regs would you abolish?

I will say that I’m glad Trump avoided getting pulled into any overseas conflicts in his four years. Foreign policy blunders?  Yes, but at least we’re not sending our men and women to fight in a manufactured war.  

• Thanks 1

How did these polling clowns miss the hidden Trump vote again? I think all of us down here on Main Street from both sides of the aisle are aware of this now. These pollsters really have become even more untethered from mainstream reality it would seem. They drank gallons of their own kool-aid. Some of these polls in WI, OH, and FL were way, way off.

• Weenie 1