Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Looks like turnout will be really good this cycle (which makes sense). It’ll be interesting to see the splits with who voted early, by mail, and on Election Day. A lot of pundits trying to find meaning in that data but I’m not so sure. 

Yeah... I've heard different spins on this...  We voted early not so much due to Covid, but for our work schedules it was better (and quick... no line at all)

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So dumb.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is bringing back memories of the bizarre golf course shutdown well after it was apparent people don't get covid playing golf. I highly doubt this is going to be enforced.

3 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Fine away...I'm not wearing a mask running in the suburbs. 

2 things can be true. The pandemic is very real, politicians are dumb fuks

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. We voted early to avoid any cluster fuk today. 

The whole thing worked pretty counterintuitively here. Dutchess had five early voting sites and each one had a multiple-hour wait at all hours on all days. Roads shut down, illegal parking all over, the whole nine yards. Today, when you have to vote in your designated precinct, wait time is zero at all but a couple sites.

Just now, Juliancolton said:

The whole thing worked pretty counterintuitively here. Dutchess had five early voting sites and each one had a multiple-hour wait at all hours on all days. Roads shut down, illegal parking all over, the whole nine yards. Today, when you have to vote in your designated precinct, wait time is zero at all but a couple sites.

Ha. Yea, it swung the other way in certain places. Our early voting was in and out and polls in town today are apparently quickly moving along too. Big country, one size does not fit all. Glad people have options. 

• Like 1

Just now, amarshall said:

I thought this was the year the oaks would drop their leaves early.  Seems they got a good drink and now they're as green as ever. 

Anyone with more foliage experience with me, could that have stalled the leaf drop?  I'll be raking in February again.

Do you use an oyster rake?

3 hours ago, amarshall said:

I thought this was the year the oaks would drop their leaves early.  Seems they got a good drink and now they're as green as ever. 

Anyone with more foliage experience with me, could that have stalled the leaf drop?  I'll be raking in February again.

yes there's still a ton of Oak leaves on the trees around here, crazy. A quarter of the leaves still hanging on are green too.  @HoarfrostHubb must have some early dropping oaks. 

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Voted in person, 2 minutes in and out. Love the rurals

Yeah I've NEVER waited.  When I lived in Natick I had a bit of a wait but only like 5 minutes.  I typically go right before close. Honestly there shouldn't be a line for anyone to go and vote, you should just walk in and do it. It should also be a national holiday.