Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

While we await a smaller late October storm, this is fun to read through.  I miss a bunch of the former posters 

Nice read, crazy event. I know you guys mention him from time to time-- Skimrg was a triple bunner in that thread..lol. Guess it was off the charts anomalous.

9 minutes ago, Hoth said:

New Haven wastewater data is very concerning. Suggests an outbreak may be under way in the area.

It was Ryan who posted that.

NEW HAVEN, CT — Connecting the dots, a meteorologist noted that a spike in COVID-19 infections in New Haven coincide with a dramatic increase in the virus being detected in sewage.

https://patch.com/connecticut/newhaven/dramatic-spike-virus-concentration-new-haven-wastewater

Screenshot_20201028-133834_Chrome.jpg

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Didn’t you hear? The pandemic has been ended 

It supposedly will stop being covered in 7 days if all goes well so there’s that at least. If you don’t cover it, it doesn’t exist. Like racism. But Hopefully you guys won’t do remote learning until spring though. It’s hard on everyone especially for the underpaid teaching profession. GL.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It supposedly will stop being covered in 7 days if all goes well so there’s that at least. If you don’t cover it, it doesn’t exist. Like racism. But Hopefully you guys won’t do remote learning until spring though. It’s hard on everyone especially for the underpaid teaching profession. GL.

Teaching in CT is a good gig, pay and pension bennies are good as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Ha.. That's what my gf said. I've started working out a ton again. I think body is just tired. Or maybe gout. Loaded up on the colchicine today. 

Derailed thread alert ... 

but ..what is your diet and age ?

Not to be too personal, but I have personal experience with that condition and have studied/learned ...and modulated my lifestyle around avoiding it, successfully..

..and pretty much have eliminated it altogether.  I may sometimes get something suspicious..but it never lasts longer than a day ...day and half, and is nothing compared to when it hit and I'd be hobbled for 4 or 5 days, and is forgettable.

I can tell you ... 

no smoking

no alcohol

50% of daily caloric intake has to be from vegetable/organic sourcing therein... Red meat once per week, lean and organic - and start liking salmon/fish ...  

I ride 25 mile rides, or run 6 mile runs....every day.  ..in fact, those on this board that no me as an ass-end of a dead rhino to look at probably would be a-taken back by how thin I am these days.   My total cholesterol is way down ... and I haven't had any gout worthy of even mentioning in 3 years now, when prior to making these lifestyle changes...I was once every two or three weeks dealing with something... elbow, knee or foot... even thumb joints.  

Also, if you engage in an excessive work out regimen from a sedentary initial position, the sudden drop in weight can also trigger a gout response.  You have to start easing off the bad calories first for a couple of weeks...  No soda ...ad that to the list above big time!  In fact, avoid high-fructose corn syrup like the plague ma-man.  ... anyway, drop 10 then ease into work outs...  The sudden weigh loss is your body liberating huge quantities of uric acid and other bio-toxins into your blood, and often...faster than renal function can adapt - uric numbers go up... boom - exercise induced arthritic attack.  

Once you lose...20 or 30 lbs and your body more fully adapts to working out regularly...you can even throw in a beer here and there, or a pizza ... live a little...and you'll be fine.  But, that is sub-moderation and treats.  

Just sayn' 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, BrianW said:

It was Ryan who posted that.

NEW HAVEN, CT — Connecting the dots, a meteorologist noted that a spike in COVID-19 infections in New Haven coincide with a dramatic increase in the virus being detected in sewage.

https://patch.com/connecticut/newhaven/dramatic-spike-virus-concentration-new-haven-wastewater

Screenshot_20201028-133834_Chrome.jpg

That is quite the spike over the last week.

Does this translate to mean that there is A LOT more people that actually have covid right now and don't necessarily know it being that actual new daily positive numbers are less than in April/May?

On 10/28/2020 at 11:14 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Teaching in CT is a good gig, pay and pension bennies are good as well. 

Still underpaid. Median salary for CT elementary teachers is around 64k. We ask them to take our precious children and show them the way. While parenting obviously shapes them...it’s our teachers who spend 7/8hrs educating them. Our education system as a whole is behind other countries. We can do better. If we legalized weed, that would go a long way to funding and improving the system (of course if the idiots in charge properly do so.)