SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

59 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Geez

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not enforceable, as Gov. Abbott has removed that authority. But its the best they can do to try to get the people there to take it seriously.

Regarding the Pats, their season went off the rails when Cam tested positive. Completely disrupted their momentum and disrupted practice schedule, etc.

5 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Not enforceable, as Gov. Abbott has removed that authority. But its the best they can do to try to get the people there to take it seriously.

Regarding the Pats, their season went off the rails when Cam tested positive. Completely disrupted their momentum and disrupted practice schedule, etc.

Their season went off the rails because they suck.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

It goes back to last season. 4-8 in their last 12 games.  No receivers. No TEs.  Among other problems. 

5 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Your asking for problems of the site wasn’t prepared properly.  You should have brought the fill in lifts and had each lift compacted prior to moving on to the next one.   Over time that non-compacted fill will settle and your garage will be on an uneven base.  Could lead to issues with the garage structure in the future.  Doesn’t help that you also live in an area prone to temperature extremes.  You’re going to be prone to larger frost heaving with the non compacted soil as it will allow more moisture to penetrate into it.

Maybe they can water jet it....his only hope now. 

I don’t think it’s a great idea to dump a pile of crappy fill dirt on a steep hill and then plop a garage on top of it. That will wash out very quickly and undermine the garage. It will be sinking down the hill in no time. Is a legit contractor doing this work or just some local buddy type guy with a front loader and some dirt?

• Weenie 1

I don’t think it’s a great idea to dump a pile of crappy fill dirt on a steep hill and then plop a garage on top of it. That will wash out very quickly and undermine the garage. It will be sinking down the hill in no time. Is a legit contractor doing this work or just some local buddy type guy with a front loader and some dirt?
Fill was dumped on flat surface not slope. He is a legit contractor. Digs foundations all the time

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife has 6 of her students now quarantined due to exposure pending test results.  Hill towns in ORH county off to the races now

That's been the story at my kids' old school.

Certain students who are prone to allergy symptoms and colds have been missing tons of class time with the "stay home/get tested/return 48 hours later" drill. And the school has a policy that if you are enrolled in-person and have to be at home, you can't switch to remote. You are locked in and have to sit at home for as long as it takes doing nothing at all. Can't bring any books home either.

The teachers I have talked to have resigned themselves to this basically being a lost school year for most kids. Very little forward progress and the kids who were behind are even further behind now.

So glad we were able to homeschool this year. Our kids have been flourishing. I really recommend it for any families that can manage it.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Interesting...I had 2 cassettes and both were definitely  heavy metal . I wasn't deep into them by any means.  But had no idea they were a New Wave prior . That's funny ...because New Wave/ Alternative is my favorite music especially from late 70s-early 90s . 

They basically switched overnight with the 1989 release of "The Land of Rape and Honey." It was pretty shocking for folks. LOL