Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

15 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Marijuana is known to exacerbate of not outright cause anxiety, depression, psychiatric disorders, and a host of other negative things, smoked or not. For as purposeful as weed can be and is becoming, the legalize crowd often greatly minimizes these harmful negative effects. Yes I still support full legalization at the federal level...but I want the federal govt dismantled anyway ;)

Huh?

https://www.drugpolicy.org/does-marijuana-negatively-impact-mental-health

This is why we see so many studies that confirm most people diagnosed with severe mental illness have a history of alcohol and/or drug use. The alcohol and drug use was not the causeof the mental illness, however, but rather a behavior that coincides with the undetected development of mental health symptoms.

Research suggests that those with mental illness might actually be self-medicating with marijuana – turning to the plant to help manage their symptoms, rather than becoming ill after use.

Emerging evidence indicates that psychiatric patients who try marijuana show significant improvements in symptoms and clinical outcomes (such as lower mortality rates and better cognitive functioning) compared with those who have not.

And some of the unique chemicals in marijuana, such as cannabidiol (CBD), seem to have antipsychotic properties. Now, researchers are investigating it as a possible treatment for schizophrenia and depression.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I burn with a UV index of 2 and I can’t even muster a hint of red this time of year.

The twin cities got nearly 30” in Halloween of 1991. How quickly they forget. Although he was probably watching Saturday morning cartoons back then.

Well to be fair, it’s not Halloween for another week and a half.  So it is even earlier than that. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Well that’s true, my bad then. I let my warm ground anger cloud my judgement. 

Lol.  No worries.

Ya and my comment to Brian was coming from the same idea..the idea of him(the guy in the article) commenting about it being so early.

I too laughed at his silly warm ground comment.