Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think a lot of the money being generated in Massachusetts is in the eastern part of the state and from people driving in from out of state.  Because prices in Massachusetts are the highest in the country there’s probably still a pretty strong underground/gray market.  
The stores in Western Massachusetts are filled with out of staters from CT/NY/NH.  
I use it sporadically for relaxation or back pain so love the idea I can grow a little bit in my garden every year and then turn it into edibles or hash. 

855C66E4-C7CA-4A7F-AF1A-AC85A3E822D9.thumb.jpeg.e115500e3f698a92387e1ba285475b71.jpeg

I drive down to Williamstown MA  once or twice a month for edibles. I am not and never have been a big pot guy, but also don't have any issues with those that smoke. The edibles have done wonders for my sleep problems, amazingly helpful, totally changed how I feel now that I can get some actual sleep. I only use them at night for sleeping and wake up feeling great most days.

Back to PF's point, its definitely a diverse group that I see waiting in the parking lot for curbside pickup. You will see someone in a 60k Audi next to a college kid,  next to someone in their 70s, next to a middle age soccer mom. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife and I have discussed... our stress has been through the roof due to the 'vid          

Start with just cbd oil, no real psychoactive effects. 
Otherwise a low dose cannabis edible.  In MA you can buy mints or whatever that are as low as 1mg.
Go low and start slow. At that level the worst that can happen is you don’t feel anything and take a little more next time. 
The big mistake is that people don’t feel anything after 15 minutes and they take more.  
Can take up to an hour to take effect and is based in part on your size and physiology etc. 

Really, for the ideal experience,  I cannot emphasize strongly enough to start really low and don’t worry if you “don’t really feel much”. As we say on this forum with snow weenie forecasts: “You can always adjust up if needed“.

We are such a culture of excess, people always want to grab a bigger hammer to fix things.  That is precisely why I don’t think legalizing stronger psychedelics or other drugs is something most folks are ready to handle responsibly. 
Marijuana  is a little different because of its low toxicity levels and the worst an overdose is going to do is make you a little freaked out and fall asleep.  I certainly don’t recommend driving under the influence of marijuana, alcohol or any other impairment.  
Honesty , I’m not even sure people should be driving on the levels of caffeine that they do, never mind all of the legal prescriptions this nation takes. 

• Like 1

When I was a kid I was arrested several times for possession and I was a huge advocate of legalized weed.. I was basically a conscientious objector.  Looking back on this period, I really wish I was not exposed to it at such young age.  I can say from first hand experience that for anyone who has a propensity to addiction, legalized marijuana provides a means to an end.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. What?

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics#:~:text=Alcohol-Related Deaths%3A,poor diet and physical inactivity.

• Alcohol-Related Deaths:

• An estimated 88,0005 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women5) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.6

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. What?

The number of death that can be attributed to weed annually is debatable.  Some people say it is zero.. probably not correct. but by the sheer fact that someone can make that claim means that alcohol is many many many times more lethal than weed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 40westwx said:

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/brochures-and-fact-sheets/alcohol-facts-and-statistics#:~:text=Alcohol-Related Deaths%3A,poor diet and physical inactivity.

• Alcohol-Related Deaths:

• An estimated 88,0005 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women5) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.6

Ditty doesn’t do well with data/facts. 

21 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agree with Tamarac . There’s a reason it was never legal and in some states never will be. I’m not condoning alcohol abuse either. Just vehemently against weed other than medicinal purposes. Just my beliefs. Not arguing with anyone here who likes to get high like Freak, Scooter, Runway, Ginx etc

Come out of the stoneage brah. Your drunken nights of angry tirades and passing out at 8pm is not the ideal example of why alcohol should be legal but not THC. While you drink yourself sloppy with fatty beers awakening at dawn with a hangover, we control ourselves much better with a mind enhancing leaf. The differences between being drunk and being high is night and day on the mind and body. There’s really no argument anymore just the same old archaic thoughts regurgitated over and over again by the opposition. I thought your America is all about freedom and liberty so what’s the problem here...can you give others who think differently than you, their freedom and liberty?

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Come out of the stoneage brah. Your drunken nights of angry tirades and passing out at 8pm is not the ideal example of why alcohol should be legal but not THC. While you drink yourself sloppy with fatty beers awakening at dawn with a hangover, we control ourselves much better with a mind enhancing leaf. The differences between being drunk and being high is night and day on the mind and body. There’s really no argument anymore just the same old archaic thoughts regurgitated over and over again by the opposition. I thought your America is all about freedom and liberty so what’s the problem here...can you give others who think differently than you, their freedom and liberty?

I guess you missed all the posts that if you want to smoke weed , get high and drugged, that’s ok with me. Perhaps you missed all that. All I said is I don’t do it and am against it in my belief system. Have at it. Your ideas on me and beer is laughable , but again if you missed all the points made.. not surprising. You’ll never be able to buy weed legally in CT. Have at your hobbies man. 

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I hope when people plan on traveling again they skip VT. Their draconian travel restrictions are insane. 

Yeah not going in the right direction.

Today’s news was that per New York’s criteria, Conn/PA/NJ would now require a 14-day quarantine to enter New York but Gov. Cuomo made the smart decision because of NYC to only strongly discourage travel from Connecticut, Jersey and Pennsylvania to New York.  But they would be red otherwise by the metrics.  Lucky for NYC... or New York would be a no fly zone for all neighboring states except VT and MA.

Everything going in the wrong direction with more states and areas added weekly to different state restrictions.

#BREAKING: TECHNICALLY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut now qualify for the quarantine list. However, Gov. Cuomo says they're too interconnected to quarantine from, so travel is just highly "discouraged" there. >>

C2DD83B5-0137-41EA-8DF2-C8C8302FBA26.thumb.jpeg.b46fdf5ee6d4f90dd363dc71171aab20.jpeg

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah not going in the right direction.

Today’s news was that per New York’s criteria, Conn/PA/NJ would now require a 14-day quarantine to enter New York but Gov. Cuomo made the smart decision because of NYC to only strongly discourage travel from Connecticut, Jersey and Pennsylvania to New York.  But they would be red otherwise by the metrics.  Lucky for NYC... or New York would be a no fly zone for all neighboring states except VT and MA.

Everything going in the wrong direction with more states and areas added weekly to different state restrictions.

#BREAKING: TECHNICALLY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut now qualify for the quarantine list. However, Gov. Cuomo says they're too interconnected to quarantine from, so travel is just highly "discouraged" there. >>

C2DD83B5-0137-41EA-8DF2-C8C8302FBA26.thumb.jpeg.b46fdf5ee6d4f90dd363dc71171aab20.jpeg

All these places laying the ground work to basically cancel the ski season to out of staters.

Hoping N.H. remains open through December.

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All these places laying the ground work to basically cancel the ski season to out of staters.

Hoping N.H. remains open through December.

You should hear the Canadian public service announcements on the radio up here.  My wife is always like “What the hell was that? Oh that’s the Canadian station.”

The Montreal radio stations have these dire warnings... “Gathering with family and friends is prohibited.  We are now back into Level-4 Maximum Alert.  Bars, restaurants are now closed.  All activities cancelled.  Visit website.Ca for more information.”  Etc.

I should record it.  It sounds like end of the world and they play these alerts like every 15 minutes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I guess you missed all the posts that if you want to smoke weed , get high and drugged, that’s ok with me. Perhaps you missed all that. All I said is I don’t do it and am against it in my belief system. Have at it. Your ideas on me and beer is laughable , but again if you missed all the points made.. not surprising. You’ll never be able to buy weed legally in CT. Have at your hobbies man. 

I take a 1.25hr drive to MA to buy, whoopy. The point is, CT is missing out on revenue. The state is handing MA money instead. Anyway, it’s coming eventually so deal with it. 

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You should hear the Canadian public service announcements on the radio up here.  My wife is always like “What the hell was that? Oh that’s the Canadian station.”

The Montreal radio stations have these dire warnings... “Gathering with family and friends is prohibited.  We are now back into Level-4 Maximum Alert.  Bars, restaurants are now closed.  All activities cancelled.  Visit website.Ca for more information.”  Etc.

I should record it.  It sounds like end of the world and they play these alerts like every 15 minutes.

Yeah... I’m sure it’s over the top. Skiing to me is similar to golf. How many mass spreading events have originated on the golf course? The answer is none.

Hell, most skiers wear a mask most of the time anyway, so not much is changing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... I’m sure it’s over the top. Skiing to me is similar to golf. How many mass spreading events have originated on the golf course? The answer is none.

Hell, most skiers wear a mask most of the time anyway, so not much is changing. 

Yea. You can’t tell me ski resorts can’t operate safely. Maybe they would have to limit the indoor gatherings like base lounges or summit cafe’s but the act of skiing should not be halted. Let em carve tracks. 

19 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Start with just cbd oil, no real psychoactive effects. 
Otherwise a low dose cannabis edible.  In MA you can buy mints or whatever that are as low as 1mg.
Go low and start slow. At that level the worst that can happen is you don’t feel anything and take a little more next time. 
The big mistake is that people don’t feel anything after 15 minutes and they take more.  
Can take up to an hour to take effect and is based in part on your size and physiology etc. 

Really, for the ideal experience,  I cannot emphasize strongly enough to start really low and don’t worry if you “don’t really feel much”. As we say on this forum with snow weenie forecasts: “You can always adjust up if needed“.

We are such a culture of excess, people always want to grab a bigger hammer to fix things.  That is precisely why I don’t think legalizing stronger psychedelics or other drugs is something most folks are ready to handle responsibly. 
Marijuana  is a little different because of its low toxicity levels and the worst an overdose is going to do is make you a little freaked out and fall asleep.  I certainly don’t recommend driving under the influence of marijuana, alcohol or any other impairment.  
Honesty , I’m not even sure people should be driving on the levels of caffeine that they do, never mind all of the legal prescriptions this nation takes. 

Marijuana is known to exacerbate of not outright cause anxiety, depression, psychiatric disorders, and a host of other negative things, smoked or not. For as purposeful as weed can be and is becoming, the legalize crowd often greatly minimizes these harmful negative effects. Yes I still support full legalization at the federal level...but I want the federal govt dismantled anyway ;)