Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agree with Tamarac . There’s a reason it was never legal and in some states never will be. I’m not condoning alcohol abuse either. Just vehemently against weed other than medicinal purposes. Just my beliefs. Not arguing with anyone here who likes to get high.

Not true.  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Agree with Tamarac . There’s a reason it was never legal and in some states never will be. I’m not condoning alcohol abuse either. Just vehemently against weed other than medicinal purposes. Just my beliefs. Not arguing with anyone here who likes to get high.

No offense but you come off like it’s the 1970s dirty hippy image of weed smoking.  That’s long gone.  Now your financial planner and grandma are relaxing with it.  I’m not a regular user but fully think it’s out there in such quantity that if booze is ok, we should take the tax money.  Same with sports betting, though I do think that destroys lives more than weed and booze.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

In my utopian society, they would. It would be just like dunkin donuts...I’d even have a drive thru for the ultimate quickie. 

Thanks RUNNAWAY, now I’ll be fantasizing about silver hair, powdered, beautifully aged service munchkins in your utopian society. As always ....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

I'm sure a great many wife beaters and generally shitty people smoke marijuana on a regular basis. I wouldn't make the leap that marijuana users are all just happy-go-lucky stoners.

Yeah plenty but they are likely drunk and on meth too.  I get the type you are referring to.

Drinking has been proven without a doubt as the primary catalyst in domestic violence cases though.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No offense but you come off like it’s the 1970s dirty hippy image of weed smoking.  That’s long gone.  Now your financial planner and grandma are relaxing with it.  I’m not a regular user but fully think it’s out there in such quantity that if booze is ok, we should take the tax money.  Same with sports betting, though I do think that destroys lives more than weed and booze.

Like I  said .. I know there’s a small percentage of weed smokers here that like to get high. That’s perfectly fine. Again , like I said. I’ve never smoked anything.. cigs, cigars. Weed.. nothing. Just my own personal belief system. By all means man.. inhale and get high!

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

37 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I don’t partake in Canabis but have no quarrel with it being legal. Just the same caveats as alcohol.  Don’t drive impaired.  Don’t over do it.  Don’t do it in front of the kiddos if possible. 

And please don’t come to parent teacher conferences stoned/drunk

Pretty much the same way I feel.  I've never been a big pot guy.  I will say that inhaling any type of smoke cannot not good be good for someone's lungs.  If I were to partake, I would lean towards edibles.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Like I  said .. I know there’s a small percentage of weed smokers here that like to get high. That’s perfectly fine. Again , like I said. I’ve never smoked anything.. cigs, cigars. Weed.. nothing. Just my own personal belief system. By all means man.. inhale and get high!

The beautiful photos posted by members in this forum and others are enough to elevate me. Now if the fresh air and scents could be delivered with the photos, all other stimulants would pale for me. As always ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The vast majority of domestic abuse cases involving spouses or their kids has something in common... heavy alcohol use by someone.

My grandfather was a bad alcoholic to the point where you find vodka bottles hidden in closets...made my mom’s life hell and her mothers the same.  I have no doubt if he just smoked a joint on the porch at night instead of a fifth of vodka the experience would’ve been different.

Drunks like to destroy stuff, fight, get angry... stoners like to sign up for a Netflix subscription.  No one goes outside to smoke a bowl and came back in to beat their kids or wives.

The grocery bill would get inflated too........lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I’m not in the smoking side.  Mine has been edible when done.  None of the smoking side effects.  Not a fan of cigars at all but not judging anyone on what they do to relax.

But again, back to the main point if you are ok “by all means do it!” with it then you should want those tax dollars.  It’s not about whether you do it, it’s a good way to get revenue like cigs or booze tax.

Cigarettes are another that’s hard to understand how that’s legal given the public health issues that arise.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’m not in the smoking side.  Mine has been edible when done.  None of the smoking side effects.  Not a fan of cigars at all but not judging anyone on what they do to relax.

But again, back to the main point if you are ok “by all means do it!” with it then you should want those tax dollars.  It’s not about whether you do it, it’s a good way to get revenue like cigs or booze tax.

Cigarettes are another that’s hard to understand how that’s legal given the public health issues that arise.

Scooters theme song when sending out his daily aviation forecasts?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Mass has outlawed flavored tobacco, skoal and the others, but they still sell the ones with no flavor. 

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think a lot of the money being generated in Massachusetts is in the eastern part of the state and from people driving in from out of state.  Because prices in Massachusetts are the highest in the country there’s probably still a pretty strong underground/gray market.  
The stores in Western Massachusetts are filled with out of staters from CT/NY/NH.  
I use it sporadically for relaxation or back pain so love the idea I can grow a little bit in my garden every year and then turn it into edibles or hash. 

855C66E4-C7CA-4A7F-AF1A-AC85A3E822D9.thumb.jpeg.e115500e3f698a92387e1ba285475b71.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

But yeah, booze is way more destructive on many levels.  Working at a brewery I obviously drink but way less then when I was younger and really only beer these days.  We rarely even have hard alcohol in the house.  

Do you know the head brewer at Bull Spit? I guess he had been at LEfty's (I miss them) and BBC for a bit.

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Do you know the head brewer at Bull Spit? I guess he had been at LEfty's (I miss them) and BBC for a bit.

Ya’ that’s my friend Chris Fontaine.  He’s getting his own thing going now though so might only be consulting at Bull Spit.  Just saw him tonight at our virtual Cub Scout meeting. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

“The herb is more than just a powerful potion..”

I actually don’t do it much at all. I think honestly I should. 

I think the nice thing about legalization is that you can go to the store and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and not looking for as far as effects go.  The edibles are much more manageable as far as dosage goes.  

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ya’ that’s my friend Chris Fontaine.  He’s getting his own thing going now though so might only be consulting at Bull Spit.  Just saw him tonight at our virtual Cub Scout meeting. 

Oh that's awesome!  I just mentioned him because there was an article about Bull Spit that talked about him in the local rag (Gardner News).  We have not been there yet but hope to at some point.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife and I have discussed... our stress has been through the roof due to the 'vid          

Amen. I’m really having a shit go of it.if anything I’ve been outside more and exercising much more than I’ve done in quite a long time. That helps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think the nice thing about legalization is that you can go to the store and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and not looking for as far as effects go.  The edibles are much more manageable as far as dosage 

Yeah. They mostly use the feedback from the medical side. Each strains properties are well known. For example here is one strain that got great feedback from vets with ptsd. 

Walker Kush Flower
INDICA HYBRID
THC 13.8%
Walker Kush is a favorite strain for patients with PTSD, for its gentle calming and relaxing sensation.

Effects may include:

- Mental Clarity
- Body Relaxation
- Stress Reduction
- Insomnia Relief

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My wife and I have discussed... our stress has been through the roof due to the 'vid          

Yeah.... I’m sure this is a time many would try it. My wife may dabble in it a few times a year, if that. I don’t, and never have. I operate heavy machinery and per my contract, I can be drug tested (even though nobody ever is, or has been to my knowledge).

I also rarely drink, once in a blue moon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... I’m sure this is a time many would try it. My wife may dabble in it a few times a year, if that. I don’t, and never have. I operate heavy machinery and per my contract, I can be drug tested (even though nobody ever is, or has been to my knowledge).

I also rarely drink, once in a blue moon.

Man imagine if you were an angry drunk and posting about Droughtstein or how the Icon gives you 3” of snow. 

• Haha 5