• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

in the ct the church groups that have control in the senate  and until that is change . legal wont come any time soon they have least 24 senate lawmakers in ct wont vote yes . Their are other areas that many lawmakers say that state could make more money pass them . that are sports betting /  tolls / and big change now in the last four months since state needs money now not in two years is expanded fireworks to be legal . more lawmakers now are for that .

46 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

So tired of the political ads. OMG, f' in endless since April. Seriously, almost every ad here is a political one, Gideon vs Collins. Mailbox stuffed with wasted paper ads. Make it stop!

That Maine race must be spending money for the advertisements.  Even here, I don't see or hear any campaigns from the VT or NH races... but every political ad is regarding a race in Maine.  Mostly Collins v Gideon.

46 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

There is an unprecedented amount of money sloshing around this cycle, especially on the D side—US Senate candidates are breaking all time election cycle fundraising records in a single quarter. It’s like if we got our average seasonal snow number in December and then doubled that in January lol. Even at the local level it’s insane in some places. Saw a story today about a Texas state house candidate that raised over half a million.

There is an extraordinary amount of energy this cycle. 

I think a lot of the energy is more local than usual. Americans have spent way more time literally at home or close to home than ever before this year. I think it's caused a more localized worldview and increased level of interest In local issues, such as lockdowns, quarantine policies, business closures, school policies, law and order, etc. People realized their governor and state legislature wield much more power than the President when it comes to COVID policies...

On 10/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, powderfreak said:

Just pretend to be leaf peeping.  They barely know what state they are in, and it seems they all just got their drivers licenses before coming, not a COVID test  :lol:.  Three-way stop signs are very tricky to navigate.

Yield to the right, Its not difficult.

4 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

So tired of the political ads. OMG, f' in endless since April. Seriously, almost every ad here is a political one, Gideon vs Collins. Mailbox stuffed with wasted paper ads. Make it stop!

That senate seat could shift the party majority in the senate.

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Almost no political mailings here (for which I am thankful). Very few signs.     We don’t watch “regular” tv much so very few ads.  The only ones I recall are the car repair ones.  That is a big deal it seems

We aren't big on the 4 big network stations, but the political ads have also corrupted DIY/Animal Planet/Discovery/Science to a disgusting degree.  Some days back I read that Collins/Gideon total money-wasting was at 98 big big ones, must be into 9 figures by now, most expensive non-presidential campaign in the country.  When Judge Kavanaugh was nominated for SCOTUS, opponents in Maine (and elsewhere I'm sure) assembled nearly $4 million in pledges for whichever Democrat would be running for that senate seat, and they told Collins that if she voted not to confirm Kavanaugh the pledges would be ripped up.  Kind of like a bribe offering.  And the battle was on...    

I have never spent any of my hard-earned money on a political campaign and never will. More power to those who donate heavily if that floats your boat. I couldn’t care less who “represents” me in Congress. I couldn’t feel more disconnected from someone. Just find any random person and let them do the “job.” Fine by me. So much money wasted on this nonsense. All flushed down the drain. 

• Weenie 1

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I have never spent any of my hard-earned money on a political campaign and never will. More power to those who donate heavily if that floats your boat. I couldn’t care less who “represents” me in Congress. I couldn’t feel more disconnected from someone. Just find any random person and let them do the “job.” Fine by me. So much money wasted on this nonsense. All flushed down the drain. 

C’mon now, you’d much rather have spent your money on politicians instead of buying a sweet spot (is that an estate?) in the mountains, let’s be real.  Someone could’ve put your Randolph money to good use with a run of TV commercials for your local state senate seat.  :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Son and I hike N. And S. Percy today in the Nash Stream Forest - Coos county NH. Beautiful hike with great views. Left metrowest in early AM and arrived there to find most of the leaves have fallen. We were laughing most of hike about the impressive snowfalls the elevated areas around there must get. Definitely plan to do more exploring next summer. We were aware of the late afternoon storm threats so kept an eye out - there was some haze but we could make out saddleback approximately 50 miles to our east clearly.

• Like 2