• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Though Maine's new COVID cases are up from a month ago, their active cases have been running about 550 and hospitalized 10-15, ICU 1-2.  With newbies averaging about 30/day, that plus actives would mean about 18 days from Diagnosis to recovery, which seems a bit long given the low numbers in hospital.  Seems like Maine CDC has remained pretty conservative about declaring recoveries.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dews said:

Best rock guitarists maybe. I can name 50 off the top that blow away EVH overall. Still,was a genius level player with a versatile approach

RIP

He was pretty groundbreaking.  Dedicated. 

A friend of mine is a professional bass player who played on Bowie’s last album and has toured with some big names etc. he got to hang out with Eddie once and even he was starstruck. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A friend of mine is a professional bass player who played on Bowie’s last album and has toured with some big names etc. he got to hang out with Eddie once and even he was starstruck. 

Your friend is a bass God. I like his playing on Blackstar and I've heard a lot of him otherwise.

15 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

His name doesn't ring any bells to me.  Wonder if my sister knows him.

Not sure how well known this is ... but, "Prince" was just a fantastic guitar player - if not virtuoso actually.  

He did a solo in the song, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" during .... 2004's  Rock 'N' Roll Hall Of Fame' induction ceremony show that was mesmerizing. 

Fact of the matter is, there's probably a ceiling where a lot of these talents of the craft reach ...where beyond it really isn't very relevant because that realm is perhaps beyond the detection/perception of the common human ear and experience.  We are not worthy to sit with that particular panel of judges. 

Hendrix was done right lewd ... .and, it's risky to cross-up genres anyway, because the comparisons cannot really be resolved - it's like asking what's a prettier color: red or blue.

But Chuck Berry?  ...he ripped solos so hot the Devil ducked out the backdoor... he was ludicrous as a Rocka-Billy tactiction..  And there's a whole pantheon of Blues gifts from god that walked amongst us disguised as mere mortals ...who when they played, heaven wept.   

I dunno... there's no EVH is better than "X" or "Z" at a certain point  ....it's just honoring something extraordinary for having blessed our company ...all too brief was their stay, and made the world that much more bearable for their harmony.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Stupid mistake on my part. Just received our new portable inverter 3750w generator (Wen) and determined it will not power our 230V well pump.:facepalm:Didn't check full specs and thought it would be work.

Harbor Freight has a 4000 watt 240 volt generator for $359.

I have the Harbor Freight 2000 watt inverter that is literally identical to the Wen version. Its been great and I have got like 16 hours of runtime on a light load off 1 gallon of gas. Inverters are awesome as they electronicly adjust the throttle to the load. Big gas generators run at a fixed 3600 rpms and guzzle gas. 

I use the inverter 90 percent of the time during an outage and fire up my 6500 watt just to run the water heater and for cooking. My house is all electric/solar. The inverter can run my fridge, chargers, light's and even a window ac. 

• Like 1