Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

I thought I had more gifs saved on here, but they must be on my old crashed comp...oh well. Eric always had the best ones.

The one where everyone was walking into the giant hole was always a good one.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I have no clue who a couple of those people are in those photos.  I know Kev, Ray, Will, John, but the other 2 I don't know.

Powderfreak is next to me in the reindeer sweater pic....LOL. Eric made him like 5 feet tall.

Tip is in the other toaster bath pic i posted. I had two in that post...one of Kevin and one of Tip.

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The market never tanks for long.

One reason I asked is because we have a sizable chunk of money that we are going to invest in some ETFs. My wife lately has this bad feeling about the market and how we're going to lose a bunch of our current investments like 401k. Trump getting covid doesn't help. I look it at it as a buying opportunity. My wife thinks we should wait a little while longer (after the election) before pulling trigger on ETFs. I told her it's best not to try and time the market, but just get in now, especially with longer term investments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

One reason I asked is because we have a sizable chunk of money that we are going to invest in some ETFs. My wife lately has this bad feeling about the market and how we're going to lose a bunch of our current investments like 401k. Trump getting covid doesn't help. I look it at it as a buying opportunity. My wife thinks we should wait a little while longer (after the election) before pulling trigger on ETFs. I told her it's best not to try and time the market, but just get in now, especially with longer term investments.

the odds are on his side even at high risk 90%+ survival rate and the best care in the world.

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Assuming you've done your research about what you think the ETFs will do, why not put in some limit orders and then re-evaluate as news flows? At least that way, you'll get the sale prices you want.  You could possibly divide the money between different scenarios to make both of you at least OK with the purchases. For what it's worth, Fidelity put up a bunch of resources related to the election: https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/personal-finance/2020-presidential-election I don't always agree with Jurrien Timmer at Fidelity but I intermittently read his analysis / tweets. I think some of his content is behind the login / password wall there but a lot of it is duplicated on Twitter.