Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Or the penultimate scene is him bursting into the chief’s office, throwing down his badge, and saying “Next time, call somebody else... me, I have some unfinished business with a special someone.” The chief can only shake his head and mutter, “But you always were the best, Jer...”

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side. measuring an upslope snowfall in Stowe with a yardstick while a blonde waits for him in a hot tub nearby.

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. 

FYP

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Or the penultimate scene is him bursting into the chief’s office, throwing down his badge, and saying “Next time, call somebody else... me, I have some unfinished business with a special someone.” The chief can only shake his head and mutter, “But you always were the best, Jer...”

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side.

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. 

The light of the sunset really brings out the color of his salmon t-shirt and white suit jacket (sleeves rolled up of course).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Must be the same one i saw on FB roaming around in some peoples yards down there, He's a young bull.

Yessah, that's him.  He was in Scarborough on Tuesday, in my neighborhood on the Scarborough line last night, found his way across town by morning.

Wonder if he got run off his turf by a bigger bull.  Certainly no mates in the area.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Yessah, that's him.  He was in Scarborough on Tuesday, in my neighborhood on the Scarborough line last night, found his way across town by morning.

Wonder if he got run off his turf by a bigger bull.  Certainly no mates in the area.

I guess his Sunday jaunt thru town is over.

D249A3F3-557B-475A-9A42-3B590B07069F.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

So I guess my "local" TV market is Portland, ME. Holy crap these Collins/Gideon ads are endless. One after the other. Must be a super tight race.

Saw so many ads for that race on NESN when watching the Sox, who were still sucking at the end of the season.  Every commercial break seemed to be one or the other.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Saw so many ads for that race on NESN when watching the Sox, who were still sucking at the end of the season.  Every commercial break seemed to be one or the other.

I saw 4 in a row earlier. Gideon/Collins/Gideon/Collins

They just flowed one into the next, as if they were synchronized by the two campaigns. 

People in Maine must be so done with it

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Dog just got smoked by a skunk at 11:15pm on her last time out.... damnit!  Its retreated to between us and the river, so into the bath tub we go.  

Happened to my cat last week. Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and Dawn dish detergent. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

Happened to my cat last week. Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and Dawn dish detergent. 

4 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Old cartoons told me you wash your big ol' hound dog with tomato juice in a large steel tub when he is skunked.

I don't believe these modern recipes will work.

MrEaves with the the winner. Peroxide bubbles up the skunk molecules 

22 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

The new seed we planted is coming in nicely. Some of the old grass is in the mix too. You can see the demarcation line of new vs dormant grass by the well head/rock. I feel pretty good about this seed, which is a disease and drought tolerant tall fescue.

capture1.jpg

That's looks like pretty good coverage, nice job.

Hopefully it stays around through next summer. 

13 hours ago, PhineasC said:

So I guess my "local" TV market is Portland, ME. Holy crap these Collins/Gideon ads are endless. One after the other. Must be a super tight race.

You can probably get Mt Washington Radio 93.5 FM at your place.  Great independent, alternative station.  

Blues Summit 6-9pm on Wednesday’s is awesome, if you like the blues that is. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I saw 4 in a row earlier. Gideon/Collins/Gideon/Collins

They just flowed one into the next, as if they were synchronized by the two campaigns. 

People in Maine must be so done with it

Everywhere i turn these commercials are back to back, Can't even tune them out.

13 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It seems to be.  The US Senate is a tight race as well, so money is pouring into Maine to pollute the airwaves.  As of a couple days ago, $98 million had had been thrown at that race with the Ds tossing a bit more than half.  I've heard that it's the most costly non-presidential contest in the country.  After about 100 of the Collins/Gideon ads, one for Jean Shaheen sneaks thru.

Getting back to wx, September stats.  The month started warm, had a very cool middle (1st time here I've had 4 straight mornings in the 20s) and finished with dewey warmth - 27-29 averaged +15 and wiped out the last of the BN margin.

Avg. High: 69.0 - 0.95 AN, warmest was 79 on the 10th
Avg. Low: 45.0 - 0.39 BN, coldest was 25 on 20,21.  The 64 on 9/28 was warmest by far for so late in the season.
Month avg:  57.0 - 0.27 AN, 2nd consecutive month within <0.5F of average, both AN.

Precip:  1.29" - 2.26" BN and 2nd consec month >2" BN.  Aug/Sep total 3.08", avg. 7.52".  Had 1.14" on the 30th, preventing this month from being the driest I've recorded since October 1963 in NNJ.   10th of 23 Septembers with no thunder.