Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Covid outbreak in the Titans organization.  3 players and 5 staff infected.  Operations have been shut down.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-record-eight-new-positive-covid-19-tests-forced-to-shut-down-club-activities-for-the-week-per-report/

Dang. Sunday football has been a welcomed distraction. Hopefully this is contained quickly. 

I have a # of physician friends who like me are for our age (50's) extremely fit with no pre-existing underlying health issues. Collectively, they have treated COVID patients, are cardiologists and/or are very familiar with vaccine development, et cetera - they uniformly say the long term effects are definitely worrisome. One of these friends was a fan of the herd immunity strategy and more specifically the Swedish model, they have backed way off of that position given some of the documented LT issues.

1 hour ago, Angus said:

I have a # of physician friends who like me are for our age (50's) extremely fit with no pre-existing underlying health issues. Collectively, they have treated COVID patients, are cardiologists and/or are very familiar with vaccine development, et cetera - they uniformly say the long term effects are definitely worrisome. One of these friends was a fan of the herd immunity strategy and more specifically the Swedish model, they have backed way off of that position given some of the documented LT issues.

My wife has a cardio-pulmonologist at a very large teaching hospital near us. He was also in charge of that facility’s Covid ward during the height and has already forgotten more about Covid than I will ever know.  He has large concerns about long term effects on patients. 
So folks on here can pooh pooh that all they want.   I know who I listen to. 

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Add a bad flu season to the mix and things opening up, we could see that 3 month period again if states aren't willing to shut down again. It was never really that bad here. 

My primary care physician is thinking this flu season might not be bad due to a larger than normal number of people getting vaccinated as well as mask use and distancing.  

21 hours ago, 512high said:

woodchuck/ground hog....also chipmunks is a possibility 

20 hours ago, dryslot said:

Could be grey squirrels too burying the acorns, They seem to like my mulch bed for my blueberry plants.

turns out it was the neighbors chickens. guess I need to lock and load the BB gun.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, SJonesWX said:

at least I’m going small caliber. not sure shooting the 9mm S&W would be a good idea in the hood, although it would quickly solve the problem.

They're probably just trying to dust bathe? Mine love going for the mulch. Hopefully you'll just talk to your neighbors about it first? lol

22 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:
51 minutes ago, weathafella said:
Last day today!   I’ve turned everything in but my ID which gets handed to the police desk on the way out the door.  Freedom begins at 6:30 PM!

Congratulations. Must feel great

Thank you!   It feels great and weird at the same time.   But most of us haven’t had free time since we’re kids so that should allow all kinds of ideas but catching up on 50 years of lost sleep is a big priority!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

They're probably just trying to dust bathe? Mine love going for the mulch. Hopefully you'll just talk to your neighbors about it first? lol

yeah that would be the best course of action, especially considering the fact that he is a state trooper lol

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Last day today!   I’ve turned everything in but my ID which gets handed to the police desk on the way out the door.  Freedom begins at 6:30 PM!

If this was a cop or spy movie, you would have to avert a huge attack and end up working through the night.  You would thwart it tomorrow but realize that you still had unfinished business in your career.

Yes I am binge watching Mi-5 at the moment, why would you ask that?

1 minute ago, klw said:

If this was a cop or spy movie, you would have to avert a huge attack and end up working through the night.  You would thwart it tomorrow but realize that you still had unfinished business in your career.

Yes I am binge watching Mi-5 at the moment, why would you ask that?

Or the penultimate scene is him bursting into the chief’s office, throwing down his badge, and saying “Next time, call somebody else... me, I have some unfinished business with a special someone.” The chief can only shake his head and mutter, “But you always were the best, Jer...”

Final image is a freeze frame of Jerry piloting a boat near Miami towards the sunset with a blonde in a bikini at his side.

Soundtrack by Danny Elfman. 

• Haha 3