• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Banter and General Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

@TauntonBlizzard2013 This is a good weekend to maybe try and kill your yellow jacket/hornets nest that is in your vent piping for the range hood above your stove....esp Sunday morning where you might be near freezing. The wasps will be useless trying to fly out in that cold. You could probably pop the cap off the venting outside the house and check it out.

But if it's not a big deal, you could prob wait until November or something after several sub-freezing nights in a row probably kill them anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

@TauntonBlizzard2013 This is a good weekend to maybe try and kill your yellow jacket/hornets nest that is in your vent piping for the range hood above your stove....esp Sunday morning where you might be near freezing. The wasps will be useless trying to fly out in that cold. You could probably pop the cap off the venting outside the house and check it out.

But if it's not a big deal, you could prob wait until November or something after several sub-freezing nights in a row probably kill them anyway.

Thanks for remembering. I forgot to mention shortly after I posted about it here they seemed to be gone. I’m guessing the spray I got into it the first time must have gotten more of them than I thought.

Hey y’all. After the discussion yesterday about NNE microclimates I wanted to say hi. I moved to VT last year from PA and bought a house in Hyde Park this past spring. I have been a member of the forums since Easternwx. I spent last winter at my apartment in Stowe and excited to be in my own home and not post the same obs as PF now lol. I attached a crappy google maps screenshot of where I’m at. I look forward to enjoying the cold and snow with you all this year. Sitting at 34F right now. 

8CD566AB-3F67-40E9-8F2C-27A0AED25F2D.png

• Like 4

Just now, timp said:

Hey y’all. After the discussion yesterday about NNE microclimates I wanted to say hi. I moved to VT last year from PA and bought a house in Hyde Park this past spring. I have been a member of the forums since Easternwx. I spent last winter at my apartment in Stowe and excited to be in my own home and not post the same obs as PF now lol. I attached a crappy google maps screenshot of where I’m at. I look forward to enjoying the cold and snow with you all this year. Sitting at 34F right now. 

Welcome to NNE. Nice area, a little further up 100 to Eden and you might have the snow prize. 

17 minutes ago, timp said:

Awesome!  Every mile north in latitude is a bit snowier.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome!  Every mile north in latitude is a bit snowier.

I’m very excited to get this winter started. This was May 9th just after I moved in and I couldn’t believe it. Can’t wait to learn the nuances of my local and be more active on the forum.  2EF2A1BA-AF07-459A-83D1-39F2D8266216.thumb.jpeg.87e4c1f8b3a9eb43a060e8534e7ae6b8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 hours ago, timp said:

Welcome.  Nice that we are adding more NNE posters.

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like an excellent weenie spot. A bit over 900 feet nestled in the upslope corridor

E652D465-2143-4120-9E71-93B09A095A99.jpeg

Yeah I’m pretty excited about the spot. The goal was to buy a place closer to Burlington for work but the prices are just insane. Now I’m out here basically in the NEK. 

3 hours ago, timp said:

Yeah I’m pretty excited about the spot. The goal was to buy a place closer to Burlington for work but the prices are just insane. Now I’m out here basically in the NEK. 

If we move, that's where we'll likely have to go due to housing prices now.  Most of my friends who purchased houses are out in that Hyde Park, Eden, to Elmore Pond axis.

That's a snowy little spot there in the gap of the Greens.  A co-worker got 5" last May 9th in Hyde Park... that's stuff you wouldn't get if you bought next to BTV, ha.

13 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Thanks for remembering. I forgot to mention shortly after I posted about it here they seemed to be gone. I’m guessing the spray I got into it the first time must have gotten more of them than I thought.

Nice. Glad they appear to be gone. You’ll still want to get the remnants of the nest out of there at some point. I’d probably pop the cap off outside and check later this fall on a cold day (just to be safe) and clear out the crap in there. 

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I gotta ask him....is the bunkhouse heated? I didn’t see a wood stove, lol. 

It’s fully insulated and has electric run (did that today). Right now heating with an infrared heater that I control through WiFi (phone app). Looked at getting a very small wood stove, they sells ones they use for tiny homes, boats, etc. Might burn us out of there though lol. Thing is insulated like nuts. 

• Like 1