• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Looks to be some impressive NW flow snow coming for the highest elevations. I'll be hiking Mount Leconte this weekend. There should probably be around 4-6" of accumulation on the peak.
I'll be happy with just 1" more. That'll put me at 60" on the season.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It’s crazy, I just knew you’d hit 80” with the pattern we were looking at.  Then it shifted west...
I was kinda glad for that shift. It took forever for the snow to finally melt. The drift on the north side of my house was at least 6' deep. The guys at the country club here were measuring snow this season too and according to them we've had 75". It's less than a mile from my location and only 100' higher, so I'm guessing there's some snowdrifts included in that total. I didn't notice that much more snow over there anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

GSP:

THE ARRIVAL OF THE COLD AIR WILL RAPIDLY BRING SFC TEMPS INTO THE   30S AT HIGH ELEVATIONS BEGINNING LATE EVENING; FREEZING LEVELS WILL   CONTINUE TO FALL SUCH THAT MIN TEMPS REACH THE MID 20S IN HIGHER   ELEVATIONS IN THE MORNING (MIN TEMP RECORD AT AVL DOES NOT LOOK   TO BE IN JEOPARDY). STILL LOOKING FAIRLY IMPRESSIVE IN TERMS OF A   NW FLOW SNOW EVENT, WITH THE MAJOR "CLASSIC" INGREDIENTS LOOKING   TO COME TOGETHER TO PRODUCE ACCUMULATING SNOW. THE STRONG WINDS   AND RAPID COOLING OF THE MIXED LAYER WOULD SUGGEST ABOVE-AVERAGE   SLRS, AND A NUMBER OF SOURCES STILL DEPICT A SMALL AMOUNT OF   INSTABILITY. STILL THINKING WE WILL SEE A GREAT LAKES CONNECTION;   ALWAYS TRICKY TO FIND GUIDANCE THAT PRODUCES BELIEVABLE QPF IN THE   UPSLOPE AREAS, BUT FEELING PRETTY GOOD ABOUT SNOW TOTALS OF 1 TO 2   INCHES IN MOST OF THE NW FLOW ZONE, WITH ISOLATED 3". QPF TAPERS OFF   AFTER 18Z, BUT AT LEAST SOME FLURRIES MAY LINGER INTO THU EVENING.  

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic