Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

2 hours ago, wncsnow said:

@mercurydime @Blue_Ridge_Escarpment

We may get a big snow yet.. McDowell whipped Hickory to break a long conference losing streak

Saw that. Watched some of it online. Looked like McDowell just went back to the old school power I and just pushed it down the field. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Saw that. Watched some of it online. Looked like McDowell just went back to the old school power I and just pushed it down the field. 

Coach Brewer teaches that type of football. It can work at McDowell if the kids buy in. Look at what Mitchell and Mountain Heritage has accomplished

• Like 1

Water levels are good, have fun!

That was more of a workout then I remember it being! Paddled about a mile upstream and relaxed on an island and fished for a while. Caught a few small bass and bream, but nothing worthy of a photo. That sun felt great before the clouds rolled in!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

That was more of a workout then I remember it being! Paddled about a mile upstream and relaxed on an island and fished for a while. Caught a few small bass and bream, but nothing worthy of a photo. That sun felt great before the clouds rolled in!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nice! I got my son out today on the Greenway here in Marion. Talked to a game warden, he said the walleye are running now out of Lake James. If I have time one evening I'm going to try my luck. 

• Like 2

https://www.hcpress.com/news/active-winter-season-has-dropped-over-two-feet-of-snow-in-boone-with-just-under-three-weeks-of-winter-remaining.html?fbclid=IwAR00qvOVXVzLsa8h_jLtscXm6xmvSd7_aEVZTYIxRw37ghiB9eVSljr9iCw

Coldest Temperatures This Winter

Beech Mountain: 0 degrees (December 26)

Blowing Rock: 7 degrees (December 26)

Boone: 9 degrees (December 26)

Deep Gap: 10 degrees (December 26)

Linville: 5.4 degrees (December 26)

Sugar Mountain: -1 Degree (December 26)

Valle Crucis: 9.7 degrees (December 26)

West Jefferson: 8.9 degrees (December 26)

Snow Totals This Winter

Beech Mountain: 52.7 inches

Boone: 25.7 inches

Sugar Mountain: 78.5 inches

• Like 1

Interest setup as well Wednesday morning, GFS has trend two degrees cooler over the past couple of runs around AVL. Looks like a slight warm nose could allow a quick burst of snow to reach the surface. NAM had snowfall for many but 3km NAM didn’t show the same profile. Will be interested to see how the 0z NAM suited come in here soon.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Local Yokel Wx said:

Parkway is back open and found some light snow around 9am. Looks like most of the parkway picked up a skiff overnight. 

This was taken nearby Devil's Courthouse/Beech Gap/Hwy 215 

Nice; I just happened to be parking by the gate when the ranger opened it to the Craggy Gardens Visitor Center yesterday.  I ended up being the first car up there after opening the gate; the second car arrived about a minute after me.  Numerous times my wife and I hiking or myself on the bicycle have been on a closed section of the Parkway and they opened it.  I was always amazed at how quickly the cars followed.  This time it was me LOL.

image.png.05c0bf06301e675c754eaaa193e7546e.png

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

Nice; I just happened to be parking by the gate when the ranger opened it to the Craggy Gardens Visitor Center yesterday.  I ended up being the first car up there after opening the gate; the second car arrived about a minute after me.  Numerous times my wife and I hiking or myself on the bicycle have been on a closed section of the Parkway and they opened it.  I was always amazed at how quickly the cars followed.  This time it was me LOL.

There is a slight celebration feel to it. I def was not the first, there were many cars at overlooks taking advantage of the open trailheads but everyone was excited for it be back open. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic