Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

4 hours ago, franklin NCwx said:

We needed a flood watch instead of a winter storm warning 

I agree, I'm glad we missed the ice but for us in Candler the last three winter storm warnings have turned in to nothing.  Thunder and heavy rain was here also.  We just need one decent storm maybe six inch snowfall and I'll be ready for spring.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah Haywood got hit pretty good.  I know Duke energy and Haywood EMC are working several calls for power being out. I have to admit I was completely wrong on this one. 

It's like we were all talking about yesterday, it's hard to go against what you've experienced over the years. The occasional surprise is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

It's like we were all talking about yesterday, it's hard to go against what you've experienced over the years. The occasional surprise is part of the fun of being a weather geek.

Oh yeah this was a nice surprise here in Haywood.  Driving home this morning was really cool seeing all the ice everywhere. 

• Like 1

From Ray's Weather Center:

..... Backwash moisture on a northwest flow contributes to flurries or scattered snow showers, especially tonight, though anytime during the day is fair game. 

Anybody know what he's talking about?

Maybe he's talking about what's over Arkansas and back into the plains that's rotating into WTN? I didn't see anything from GSP about it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ae90673cd72e8298c44345c4f61c3533.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hvward said:

Looks like some freezing rain/snow showers will be possible along the Escarpment tomorrow morning.  Something to watch.

Just for reference it's already as cold now at my house as it was for the freezing rain non event a few days ago..If we get any precipitation it could be icy 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Just for reference it's already as cold now at my house as it was for the freezing rain non event a few days ago..If we get any precipitation it could be icy 

Yeah I was just going to post it is already down to 29 at my place. I don't think it got as warm as they thought today. Also the last two nights have been very cold with lows of 14 and 15 respectfully here.  

• Like 3

• jburns unpinned this topic