Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

3 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Down to 38 after a high temp of 56 around 4 PM with no clouds. Perfect night to enjoy a fire in the firepit with adult beverages. 

Usually in CAD situations Maggie warms up over night with moderate sw winds. This could be a different sit than usual. Wait and see. Cheers 

• Like 1

Hope we dodge the worst of the ice, though I'm a little afraid IMBY. We'll see. Gonna buy a genny one of these days. I feel like we're due for a bad one, whether I want it so or not. 

also, ^ the horse comment cracked me up. I've always loved horses from afar, but I recently went down a rabbit hole reading how difficult they are are to take care of through the years with various health irregularities, and was a bit astounded. 

• Like 1

I hear conditions are good, no ice. My ski days are over, but it's been a great year for Cataloochee and the season isn't over! We have family in town and  Tube World was a blast for them.

They were pretty good. Spoke to a couple of others from my neck of the woods and they are heading back tonight.
I am going to hang out. Got more wood and will see what happens.
Would love to see some snow fall.

. Pro
  • Like 2

I’m about to make the drive back to Boone from Johnson city as there are now sleet reports in Knoxville (hour to my SW) and let me tell you it is cold here, don’t really think that means anything for us mountain folks, but an observation still. Have to see what the temp is when I get back to Boone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowbird1230 said:

Is it possible the mountains get in on the action not due to CAD but strictly  the western extent the mountains basically reach into Tennessee? The further west one goes,the more artic air is encountered  in this setup.  Did I just confuse everyone?

You might be onto something. My temp is still slowly dropping. Down to 26.9. I rarely ever benefit much from CAD, temp wise. But, then again, I have no clue what to think about this storm. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

You might be onto something. My temp is still slowly dropping. Down to 26.9. I rarely ever benefit much from CAD, temp wise. But, then again, I have no clue what to think about this storm. 

Ive noticed this alot on models past couple of days. It makes sense,cause the artic air is shallow,why we cant tap east of the blue ridge. But it will no doubt seep all the way to the western escarpment. Has no choice and might dam up high enough. Was very discernable.  

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic