Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

10 hours ago, Hammer said:

Question for those of you who live in this area...

I am heading up on Tuesday night to ski Wednesday and Thursday.

What am I heading into?

. Pro

If you wear an insulated wetsuit, some good gloves and shorten the rope to about 20 feet you should barely be able to see the boat and have a good time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Well we are having multiple models that are starting to come into agreement about what could happen Thursday.  The 18z GFS just hammers us with snow and some ice. We have some other models that are showing wintery precipitation of some sort that will affect us Thursday.  Stay tuned as things may become active very quickly.

• Like 4

Just now, Met1985 said:

Well we are having multiple models that are starting to come into agreement about what could happen Thursday.  The 18z GFS just hammers us with snow and some ice. We have some other models that are showing wintery precipitation of some sort that will affect us Thursday.  Stay tuned as things may become active very quickly.

A couple of models have had a run or so with a front end thump of snow, the GFS one upped everyone else in that regard which will be interesting going into the 0z model suite tonight. Thursday actually has me a bit nervous and may actually take a second trip to Walmart if some of these potential ice amounts look to verify.

• Like 1

I'd take this in a heartbeat. But the way the models are now a days it could be sunny and 60 degrees. Hopefully we'll get some clarity by Wednesday afternoon.:rolleyes:

0D712A0C-24DE-4277-BC49-D8DF85496065.thumb.jpeg.ad3a6da4765fb107ff4ba62b6667ea20.jpeg
Just having frozen mud again will be nice. That much snow would fill the ruts in nicely!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

So now we have a SPS for Black Ice in the morning.  I thought that the Arctic air was never going to make it over those 6000 ft mountains!

Lol I just read that! Im like WTF?! Temps dropping rapidly all of a sudden and rain changing to snow tonight... This weather be crazy...

• Like 1

I'm still 37 lol

We're back down to 39.2. It was the weirdest thing. Got a little more breezy but no notable wind direction change. Went from 36 to 45 back down to 39 in the past hour. Not sure how to zoom this in and keep the units on the side.

Edit: down to 37.2 4 minutes later. Feels/sounds eerie outside.

Edit: 36.0 now (11 minutes since 37.2, freefall slowing down)

tempchange.thumb.PNG.fe01b65a3b8e755d832ea9d0b19372ce.PNG

Another edit to add the pressure data. Saw a small pressure spike at the same time as well as very heavy rainfall. I gotta say I love having this station.

7c78034fe3add84de77e5dbd86ff7e6b.jpg

• Like 4

I think we see advisories issued for Haywood south and a watch issued from Buncombe north.  I just don't see this being a great storm for the southern mountains.  Not with another CAD storm. Personally im getting sick of these cad events. Id like to see a Miller A run straight through the heart of the state...

• Like 2

Just now, wncsnow said:

I'm going to go get some supplies. It doesn't look good here and I have a young child

I would just to be safe. Even though we are under a wsw here I still think we get minimal winter weather before it turns to rain. You on the other hand look locked and loaded for some ice for sure.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic