Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

35 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

4” and still coming down pretty good. Hoping that coming through Alabama will give me a few more inches. 

Not that I put a whole helluva lot of stock in it, but the TWC future radar has it filling in around 3am. I’m not sure which model they use to determine such BUT it did perform well as this storm progressed, I noticed. So I do think there is a great chance we add more in the coming hours.

F43D62C4-3E06-404F-9CAD-469BEBD70505.jpeg

• Like 2

Just a little less than 4 inches here. Very pretty. I am glad we have got the snow that we got this winter. It has been a great winter.

Long range models look like garbage, but this snow didn't show up on models until Thursday, so maybe more to come. That severe cold has disappeared for this model cycle. A really bitter cold snow would be a good addition to the winter.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, strongwxnc said:

2.5" total here with lite FR rain now. 

This was the heaviest snow I have seen in a while. Locations just to my south reporting 3.5-4".

Same for me, @strongwxnc. 2.5 inches here, and it is melting fast.  It was beautiful while it fell last night.  Stayed up way too late to enjoy it, but I will try to make that up later.

• Like 1

Looks like we ended up at the lower end of the range. Couple inches at the house. Probably more at the top. I am certainly not complaining though. There is soooo much snow up here right now. It’s been a fantastic winter for us.

And I’ll just say it’s been great for my sanity not to have to hope for snow in Charlotte. It hasn’t really snowed there since January 2018 and honestly feels like it might never snow there again.  (I realize it will but boy it’s been bleak) 

• Like 1

Same for me, [mention=501]strongwxnc[/mention]. 2.5 inches here, and it is melting fast.  It was beautiful while it fell last night.  Stayed up way too late to enjoy it, but I will try to make that up later.

Absolutely. I decided to go to sleep at 10 PM last night so I can get up this morning :-). Perfect sledding weather and snowman making! d74e50837fc3e7ee3cdbfd1228f877da.jpg

• Like 6

• jburns unpinned this topic