Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

4 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I agree. The good thing is that we still have plenty of time for that.  This winter for me has been 10 times better than the past several. 

No doubt, I know the winter we moved up they had the big December storm (I think the neighbors said 16" for us)and then we had one or two minor events after we moved in come February but that was it.  Last year was blah, still better than any winter in Charlotte but only 10-12" for the season.  We were at 14" before this storm, felt like winter all season, got to hunt in the snow a couple times, some decent cold snaps, etc.  Gonna be a wild ride from here to the end of April! 

• Like 2

Just now, WxKnurd said:

No doubt, I know the winter we moved up they had the big December storm (I think the neighbors said 16" for us)and then we had one or two minor events after we moved in come February.  Last year was blah, still better than any winter in Charlotte but only 10-12" for the season.  We were at 14" before this storm, felt like winter all season, got to hunt in the snow a couple times, some decent cold snaps, etc.  Gonna be a wild ride from here to the end of April! 

Was that about 2 or 3 years ago? 

Rates and flake size have finally picked up!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Man its so peaceful outside. The snow acts like a natural sound buffer and everything is still and quiet when its snowing. 

That’s one of my favorite things about snow.  It’s like the absence of sound.  Nice for a migraine, too.  I hope you feel better soon.  

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic