Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

13 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Precip will begin to blossom in next hour..the connection from the Great Lakes is just now coming into Tennessee 

Snow is definitely picking up here over the past half hour..after being light for the most part. I have about an .75 to 1  inch on exposed surfaces but now even the asphalt is turning white.. For the first time some 30 to 35 dbz on radar at times . Nice to have some snow with temps subfreezing for a change. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, weatherlover said:

What’s going on under those returns in Morganton and Lenoir?  It’s been sitting over them and back building for an hour or more

I was just under some heavy returns earlier and it was hardly a flurry, maybe different in Caldwell or Burke. Just so much wind here 

• Like 1

Nothing coming down in NW Catawba here in Hickory, despite the radar returns indicating otherwise. The direction of this flow is different than normal, though, which may explain the returns that are breaking containment. It's almost due north, just a few degrees west of that.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Nothing coming down in NW Catawba here in Hickory, despite the radar returns indicating otherwise. The direction of this flow is different than normal, though, which may explain the returns that are breaking containment. It's almost due north, just a few degrees west of that.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

That’s no good... Looks like it should be snowing good up that way by looking at radar... Not promising for me in Cleveland county

Just now, weatherlover said:

That’s no good... Looks like it should be snowing good up that way by looking at radar... Not promising for me in Cleveland county

With this much wind there is an insane amount of downsloping. I can count on one hand the times I have had even a dusting from NW flow

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic