• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Wow HRRR shows a couple of feet of snow for Mt. Leconte & Clingmans Dome Area.  I am thinking Waynesville, Canton, Weaverville all the favored NWF valleys are going to get clocked here.  Another 1"-3" is possible through tomorrow even in Asheville.  This flow is serious and means business.  Not sure I have ever seen the models throw out 3'+ totals in the Smokys, but that's what is happening right now.   HRRR & Nam 3km.

• Like 12
  • Weenie 1

Wow HRRR shows a couple of feet of snow for Mt. Leconte & Clingmans Dome Area.  I am thinking Waynesville, Canton, Weaverville all the favored NWF valleys are going to get clocked here.  Another 1"-3" is possible through tomorrow even in Asheville.  This flow is serious and means business.  Not sure I have ever seen the models throw out 3'+ totals in the Smokys, but that's what is happening right now.   HRRR & Nam 3km.
66" max in the Smokies on the 3km Nam. Even ¼ of that would be impressive!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Truck (which was clear when I went to bed) looks to have a 1/4” of melting slush on it.  So I think it’s safe to say 3/4” total from yesterday afternoon and overnight/this morning.  Penny, nickle and dimed to ~13” for a season total so far.   Crazy totals for the NWFS. Can’t wait to get some obs from @snowbird1230 on the Cherohala Skyway totals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Truck (which was clear when I went to bed) looks to have a 1/4” of melting slush on it.  So I think it’s safe to say 3/4” total from yesterday afternoon and overnight/this morning.  Penny, nickle and dimed to ~13” for a season total so far.   Crazy totals for the NWFS. Can’t wait to get some obs from @snowbird1230 on the Cherohala Skyway totals.

18" will not suprise me with this set up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hvward said:

Yep thats what I have been thinking Ward. This is going to be a major event for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Like a lot of you. I think some of these most favored areas will see 1 to 2 feet of snow from this prolonged upslope event. This is going to be a treat for sure.

So are you in the favored area of northern Haywood county or are you more central/southern? 

6 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

So are you in the favored area of northern Haywood county or are you more central/southern? 

Well im like in Central Haywood but im at 3500 feet right along Crabtree mountain and Big Bald mountain.  We do much better on this setup coming in. As were Maggie valley and the Balsams do a lot better on a wsw trajectory which that will not be the case this time around. 

The snow bands setup in the mountains like the bands up in the Great Lakes and its very hard to nail down a specific area because we have so many little micro climates. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic