Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Just now, FLweather said:

I'm going out on a limb.

Looking at current trends

Y'all mountain folks should do well.

I don't really agree on the transfer. I do see the possibility of y'all having zr. But should be limited.

Once the trough axis swings through @ h5 should be a decent NWF event afterwards.

Yeah this upslope event is going to be one of the best in years if the models continue to trend the way they have been.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah this upslope event is going to be one of the best in years if the models continue to trend the way they have been.

We will see. Not your typical miller b transfer. 

Opens up into a huge massive trough. With the blocking downstream makes me wonder if we can get the cold on this side of the globe.  Maybe a cold start to Feb and finish to March.

13 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Don't read the main thread,  we're all just getting rain tonight 

That clown is so annoying. Pulls this dog an pony show every event for years, even when he lived up this way.

Anyway quick question. Joe posted a few weeks ago Boone /BR area does best on a 340ish degree wind heading in nwsf events. Met,Joe,Ward anyone. What is the forecast,  wind heading Mon,Tues? Where do you find it? Thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

That clown is so annoying. Pulls this dog an pony show every event for years, even when he lived up this way.

Anyway quick question. Joe posted a few weeks ago Boone /BR area does best on a 340ish degree wind heading in nwsf events. Met,Joe,Ward anyone. What is the forecast,  wind heading Mon,Tues? Where do you find it? Thanks in advance

Well with this flow snow its going to kind of hit all angles. I think its going to start out as a west flow then NW then more northerly as the event kind of wraps up towards the middle to end. 

1 minute ago, WxKnurd said:

Dang Met, you sure that thermometer isn’t broken?  You are one degree colder than it is up at 6000’ on Lynn Lowry lol.

Its crazy. We got up to like 37 degrees today also but with the snow pack, very little wind and virtually clear skies its like we are radiating like a beast.  Which we do very well in those types of situations.  Its just been a perfect storm for temps to nosedive tonight and fast at that.

• Like 1

Its crazy. We got up to like 37 degrees today also but with the snow pack, very little wind and virtually clear skies its like we are radiating like a beast.  Which we do very well in those types of situations.  Its just been a perfect storm for temps to nosedive tonight and fast at that.
I'm only down 2° since dusk (26°) but my dewpoint has dropped 12 degrees. And the wind is roaring up here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

I’m thinking the wind here is playing a role in that stark a difference, you do usually run a few degrees colder than me just due to where you are in the county and then 200’ more in elevation.  I could hear it picking up earlier even though it’s calm again now.  Still not expecting more than a brief start as snow before it turns into a mix and eventually all rain, but everything is froze solid so I’ve got that going for me before that moisture gets here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I've got a nice breeze too. Gust to 24 in the last 15 minutes. We're all over the place with obs. This is not the type of storm we see too often. Usually it's more north before transfer. This thing might through somebody a curveball tonight.

Yeah I think you may be right Joe. This system is different.  

• jburns unpinned this topic