• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

I am hoping for a surprise in my little patch of the woods in Candler. I have about 6 inches for the season. You high mountain guys would just walk outside and sneeze that away. But, it has not been that bad except, instead of nickel and diming my way to that, I have pennied my way to it. I wish we could something straight from the Gulf into some Arctic air. Beggars, choosers... all that. The NWF does look good for you guys, like the NWF of years gone by. I wish I was still way out in Leicester for that.  Anyway, good luck to all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, ncjoaquin said:

I am hoping for a surprise in my little patch of the woods in Candler. I have about 6 inches for the season. You high mountain guys would just walk outside and sneeze that away. But, it has not been that bad except, instead of nickel and diming my way to that, I have pennied my way to it. I wish we could something straight from the Gulf into some Arctic air. Beggars, choosers... all that. The NWF does look good for you guys, like the NWF of years gone by. I wish I was still way out in Leicester for that.  Anyway, good luck to all.

Yeah Candler does pretty well in these setups but its either ice or snow...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Hey if a moderator sees this can the mountain thread be pinned also during these events? I know we get used to us seeing winter weather but it would help just not having to scroll down so far to find our thread during these winter weather events.  Thank in advance.  Sincerely Met1985. 

You got your wish.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GFS smokes the mountains with NWF

No kidding! I think it actually upped the totals a bit more. I really think this is going to be a very impressive NW flow event. This will probably be one of the best events for flow snow that we have seen in the last several years...

• Like 2

No kidding! I think it actually upped the totals a bit more. I really think this is going to be a very impressive NW flow event. This will probably be one of the best events for flow snow that we have seen in the last several years...

I like reading that. I got 10.5" from the nwf event in early December.

Never did get my propane though lol. Fortunately I have two other heat sources.

BTW, Suburban Propane sucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I like reading that. I got 10.5" from the nwf event in early December.

Never did get my propane though lol. Fortunately I have two other heat sources.

BTW, Suburban Propane sucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Blue Ridge Propane does a good job but I don’t think they cover your area 

• Like 1

Model consensus for the northern mountains shows a good 3-4 inches for the northern areas in this subforum for tonight/early am . question is at what point does the changeover occur as that could affect it. IDK how I feel about the NWFS yet, I'm sure the southern areas will jackpot from that, but for some reason they haven't been as favorable for the northern areas in the past year or so, so I'm not banking on it yet.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Temperature is dropping here in Maggie as well. Just walked the Lab and it's down right raw out there with the wind starting to gust. It was interesting to see the Euro suggest 3 to 5 inches and even almost 3 in Waynesville. 

Yeah I was very surprised to see that from the EURO.  It might be onto something... Again the euro upped totals for the upslope snow that will follow.  Im very intrigued by this setup. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic