Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

I know this is in the Sierras but still...wow.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-120.00192001629166&lat=38.662026563733946#.YBDKNFNOmDY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jeez. I'd settle for inches. 

Total
  snow accumulations of 5 to 8 feet are expected. Winds gusting
  as high as 50 mph at the lower elevations with up to 70+ mph
  over ridgetops with whiteout conditions.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

GSP just issued Wsw's along the border for tomorrow night as well.

WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
  inches, with localized amounts up to 5 inches. Winds could gust
  as high as 40 mph, and wind chills will fall into the single
  digits in some locations.

Winter time again. The last couple of days were rather nice though.

• Like 3

Not expecting much down our way tomorrow night into Thursday, right along the border and over on the Park side of Maggie should do good with some backside flow snow but I’ll be surprised if we break 1” in Balsam.  Sunday is what I’m looking at, either way I’ll have an interesting drive up to southern WV for work come Monday. 

• Like 1

Really hope Sunday’s storm pulls through. Being in the one small gap of the state that’s missing out on tonight’s potential (Burke) is a tough pill to swallow after the debacle a few weeks with the last big storm. Granted...I think there are going to be some broken hearts down east, based on the NAM. It was the only model to raise the red flag on the last storm. 

• Like 3

Really hope Sunday’s storm pulls through. Being in the one small gap of the state that’s missing out on tonight’s potential (Burke) is a tough pill to swallow after the debacle a few weeks with the last big storm. Granted...I think there are going to be some broken hearts down east, based on the NAM. It was the only model to raise the red flag on the last storm. 
Well, euro stuck to its guns. Gfs has been improving and strengthening the CAD. Here's hoping!
  • Like 2

GSP raised our totals to 3 - 6 inches with 50 mph wind gusts. Wild night ahead!
Looking at the next week has me a little concerned. I'm down below 20% in my 250g propane tank (I realize that 20% is 50 gallons but I don't trust the gauge below 20%.) Suburban only comes here on Thursdays and they couldn't get up here the last 4 Thursdays. They keep telling me they'll make a delivery tomorrow. Lol. I'm not getting my hopes up about next Thursday either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Looking at the next week has me a little concerned. I'm down below 20% in my 250g propane tank (I realize that 20% is 50 gallons but I don't trust the gauge below 20%.) Suburban only comes here on Thursdays and they couldn't get up here the last 4 Thursdays. They keep telling me they'll make a delivery tomorrow. Lol. I'm not getting my hopes up about next Thursday either.

We still have a lot of winter left.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Buckethead said:

We buried a 1000 gallon tank several years ago for that very reason. They top it off in November and it gets us through the winter easily. We just use propane for the furnace, stove, and hot water heater. And the genset when the power goes off.

Got a mix now but I'm still at 36.2.

• Like 2