• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

I have no clue how much snow fell here today. That wind this afternoon blew everything all around. I had a hair under 2.5" at 7am and I came home to less than 2" on the board. And it's been snowing all day with a high of 24°.

That's 44.5" on the season.

Oh, and I literally just had two people cross country skiing through my yard. I didn't even think of trying that! c96987d6603e64fbafc90166159541cf.jpg&key=345a66a3c6dd15218146b6daa4102e62662c5ad73c6af2c6db510cae66de1ab9

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Nam & Nam 3km are both showing some higher elevation snow showers across SW WNC Friday afternoon/evening.  Might have a tongue of overrunning precipitation that the models are struggling to pick up on enter the area sometime on Friday.  Something to watch, especially if you live above 3500'.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Hvward said:

Nam & Nam 3km are both showing some higher elevation snow showers across SW WNC Friday afternoon/evening.  Might have a tongue of overrunning precipitation that the models are struggling to pick up on enter the area sometime on Friday.  Something to watch, especially if you live above 3500'.

Trends have been away from this solution over the past 2 runs with precipitation trending farther south.

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

I wouldn't mind Lasik, any recommendations ?

Nope sorry.  Lol. Being an old fart I developed cataracts a few years ago. I had surgery to replace my lenses. It was the best thing I ever did. Actual surgery takes 8 minutes per eye. They do them a week apart. I never even felt any discomfort. After over 50 years of wearing glasses I suddenly had 20/20 in both eyes. I couldn’t believe how good the world looked. I have good insurance but the actual cost of the surgeries was quite a bit less than the cost of fifty years of eye exams and glasses. Had I known, I would have had it done years earlier.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

Driving around this morning and was surprised to see snow still on the ground above about 4500 feet on the N and NE facing mountains. Looks like rain is ahead tonight into tomorrow night and the a chance of at least a potential for Advisory level snow showers Wednesday night into Thursday. 

Yeah we actually have a lot of snow up in elevation across the county.  Been a long time since we have had this.

• Like 2

Went hiking up to Rich Mountain Fire Tower yesterday on AT outside Hot Springs in Madison County. Snow on ground in spots from about 3200 feet and up. At top (3600 ft), up to four inches of snow still on the ground on the north slope of the mountain. The trail was actually quite icy at the summit.

The views from the fire tower were amazing yesterday. No wind, clear blue sky, 360-degree views, snow visible on all the higher peaks in every direction. I love winter hiking.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

• Like 5