Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

55 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

I ended up with 2.5 inches of powder yesterday. Temperature hovered near or just below freezing throughout the event. We'll see what the next lobe of energy brings tonight into tomorrow morning. There is still abundant available moisture evident across the Mountains this morning. 

Nice man. This was more of a flow for Maggie valley for sure. Maggie and the plott Balsams. 

• Like 2

I came home yesterday evening and we had 1/2” or so laying around.  My wife said the sun came out after it stopped snowing and it just “defluffed” lol.  Pretty sure being we are south facing and the temp in the 20’s with a real dry snow resulted in a good bit of sublimation of what the actual total was which I know was at least an inch (I’m gonna guess we ended up between 1 and 2 as we had 1/2” when I left before 11 am and she sent me a picture 1.5 hours later of double that with it still ripping).  My rough calculations puts us at 12”+ for a season total which I think is a touch more than what we ended up with last season.  No clue on the exact average here but my estimate based on what I can find is it’s something like 20-30”, so I’ll call it halfway there.  Thus far we’ve had cold, one decent flow snow for my location that was more than the typical dusting to an inch,  snow on the ground Christmas, snow multiple times a week, etc. I’d call that a good start considering we are still in mid-January, especially when you look at the past 5 years.

• Like 4

I ended up with 2.5 inches of powder yesterday. Temperature hovered near or just below freezing throughout the event. We'll see what the next lobe of energy brings tonight into tomorrow morning. There is still abundant available moisture evident across the Mountains this morning. 
Yup, currently 20° and flurries here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Let's do it again!

Avery-Madison-Yancey-Mitchell-Swain-Haywood-Graham-
Northern Jackson-Macon-
Including the cities of Banner Elk, Newland, Luck, Waynesville,
Tuckasegee, Rainbow Springs, Kyle, and Highlands
242 PM EST Sun Jan 17 2021

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO
NOON EST MONDAY ABOVE 3500 FEET...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 1-3 inches.

* WHERE...Portions of western North Carolina.

* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to noon EST Monday.
  • Like 3