Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

23 minutes ago, weatherlover said:

Wanting to stay the night in the Boone/blowing Rock area.  Trying to avoid hotels but wanted an Airbnb.. Everything around that area seems to be booked up.  Anyone have any ideas ?   Thanks!

Stay down in Morganton or Marion, it will be less booked and cheaper. Its an easy drive from there to spend a nice day in the mountains. 

Snow event on target for today.  Enjoy as it may be the last good snow weekend for a while

Great weekend for back country outdoorsman

AFD

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/

AS OF 330 AM...A LARGE STACKED LOW WILL SLOWLY DRIFT EAST ACROSS

THE OHIO VALLEY TODAY, BRINGING STEEP MID-LVL LAPSE RATES AND

SOME MOISTURE INTO THE FORECAST AREA. WESTERLY LOW-LEVEL FLOW WILL

PRODUCE PERIODS OF SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS ALONG THE TN

BORDER, WITH ELEVATIONS ABOVE 3500 FT GETTING GENERALLY 1-3 INCHES

THRU THIS EVENING. THE CURRENT WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY LOOKS GOOD

FOR TODAY INTO TONIGHT.F702876A-ED59-49C4-8445-147C97F68CB7.png

3D103F90-F0A1-4F52-B387-ED7C26B9C551.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elev3999 said:

Snowing since 5am here. Very light but it’s 22 and laying on everything. 

DBFB0025-A1C9-4090-B5DB-C9AC6747D5F9.jpeg

Crazy you had snow since 5 and down below you it didn’t start up til 7:45-8ish. Coming down steadier now, comes and goes in steadiness. Light dusting on everything here as well.

1 hour ago, weatherlover said:

When does snow look to start around Boone.  We are headed that way now from shelby

Met or AsheCounty might be your guys for this question but it should be snowing off and on all day, but late morning-early afternoon looks prime with the upper level energy swinging through. If it’s snow you’re looking for and Boone doesn’t deliver, you can always head west to Banner Elk - or at least that’s what I always did while snow chasing in college. 

Met or AsheCounty might be your guys for this question but it should be snowing off and on all day, but late morning-early afternoon looks prime with the upper level energy swinging through. If it’s snow you’re looking for and Boone doesn’t deliver, you can always head west to Banner Elk - or at least that’s what I always did while snow chasing in college. 

Yup. We may be heading up after lunch sometime. Was thinking linville over to banner elk.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Local Yokel Wx said:

Nice snow globe action this morning in Waynesville, not sticking but pretty. Only trace amounts grass, deck, and cars

@WxKnurd, my buddy up Chad Crawford sent me some pics. Solid dusting up to a half inch he said (around 9:45am). 

It’s coming down good.  Definitely at half an inch-plus now. 23 on the truck thermometer. Headed to Mt Sterling area to do some exploring.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Heavy snow squall in town with visibility less than 1/4 mile. Very impressive!

Real heavy, it was putting it down when I drove through. Wife sent a picture of the deck and looked like we are past an inch and working on a second now at home.

• Like 3