Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Radar is looking juicy, hang in there fellas. Every model yesterday showed this happening - we’re not off track (yet)

Hopefully that small "band" over Asheville/Henderson keeps slowing down. It's not heavy, but enjoy seeing it fall. We shall see!

The GFS was the least snowy model here and had 2 or 3 inches, I don't think we will even get that. The hi res and short range models all had between 3 and 6 inches. The temperatures have been ok here around 32 all night but the snow rates have been awful after the initial band. 

7 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The GFS was the least snowy model here and had 2 or 3 inches, I don't think we will even get that. The hi res and short range models all had between 3 and 6 inches. The temperatures have been ok here around 32 all night but the snow rates have been awful after the initial band. 

Some models were showing the spotty nature of these bands. That initial band last night was great but could not cash in as the temps took longer to crash as it hit. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Hammering in Boone for the last bit. Definitely picking up. Loving radar. Roads are going to the crapper, though.

Yep, and I still have to go to to work (I’m a car salesman, I’m soooooo not needed today) hopefully we get a little more banding but it looks like it’s gonna taper off soon.

Got about 3 inches so far.  It is still snowing a little so maybe we will get a little more.  Regardless, I am happy with this.  It’s beautiful and I love watching the snow fall even if it’s light. Last winter was awful so I am not going to complain.

3A9AE407-5153-4FB0-B6EA-016C320962BE.jpeg

D9E0E5C4-B677-4728-9246-3FDCCE8095CC.jpeg

• Like 4

Yep, and I still have to go to to work (I’m a car salesman, I’m soooooo not needed today) hopefully we get a little more banding but it looks like it’s gonna taper off soon.
I'm at Publix. We've had more callouts than show up and about 5 customers to show for it. Gotta love retail. I'm more worried about the drive home than I was the drive in at 430.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
9 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I'm at Publix. We've had more callouts than show up and about 5 customers to show for it. Gotta love retail. I'm more worried about the drive home than I was the drive in at 430.

Yea we have one salesman who can’t come in (covid scare) one that quit, two call outs, it’s me, one other salesman and my GM and we aren’t going to do anything all day, except waste a good sledding day.

41 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

So it looks like 4, perhaps 5 inches after taking several measurements. There's some compaction evident due to marginal temperature and high moisture content of the snow. A beautiful sight!

thats a good haul!  i'm curious do you know how much SOCO gap got?

• Like 1