Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

1 minute ago, wncsnow said:

36 here now, the evaporational cooling is doing work. The radar gap does look suspicious but it should fill in with the flow around the upper low 

I agree. Should start to Crank up as the low moves off to the east. I need some returns in here to drop my temp. Dancing around 39 right now.

So my obs so far. Hit light snow in Candler area, then a moderate rain/snow mix as I got to the Haywood line that went to mostly snow then all, moderate to heavy snow where 74 splits off that turned to what I think was about all rain for a good stretch until climbing the hill into Waynesville when I basically went to all snow again.  Can’t make up it’s mind consistently on flake size or rate yet but it’s starting too. So I’m thinking we are finally saturated well and cooling the column entirely.  Time to grab some beer and then head the final 10 minutes to hone up in Balsam.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SnowDawg said:

HRRR just cut QPF by half or more for a lot of the SW mtns in NC and GA. Dry slot becoming a problem?

Yeah, that's a big dry slot unless it fills in. Should get some of that currently in Alabama. Not sure where the deformation band willl set up. 

• Like 1