Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

2 minutes ago, GoAPPS said:

So the NAM and HRRR are in huge disagreement, especially in lower elevations like Asheville. Anyone have thoughts?

Just speaking to what I'm seeing trying to compare the two in NE GA the NAM initialized way too warm with its 3pm temps. Showed mid 40s when ground truth is 39. Don't know if that's what's causing the changes with outcomes though.

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

It does make me nervous the amount of downtime we have for the northern counties until everything picks up around 3 am, would like to be able to have something fall this evening. But beggars can't be choosers.

For my area Im just glad the winds continue to be out of the East. I need all the help that can be given :)

• Like 1

Lol a little pep talk gang. This storm is different than our normal southern storms but we do have blocking which will help out a lot. I know we have watched countless hours of models come in but now is the time to grab a drink watch the weather from your window and enjoy this storm coming together.  I said it earlier but we are in the drivers seat with this storm. We have the elevation and we are not new to any of this. Even the foothills gang.  Be patient and let the storm evolve. I believe it will be well worth it. 

• Like 8

Just now, SnoJoe said:

I usually don't start complaining until about the third Scotch. Somewhere in the 10 to 11 pm range. But like Ashy said, it's hard watching it snow down south while it creeps north.

Temp's down to 33.9 after a high of 38.9 so I think we're ok there. Smells like snow.

Lol yeah then you end up getting hammered with like 10 inches in 6 hours. I'll never forget that storm.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol a little pep talk gang. This storm is different than our normal southern storms but we do have blocking which will help out a lot. I know we have watched countless hours of models come in but now is the time to grab a drink watch the weather from your window and enjoy this storm coming together.  I said it earlier but we are in the drivers seat with this storm. We have the elevation and we are not new to any of this. Even the foothills gang.  Be patient and let the storm evolve. I believe it will be well worth it. 

Amen! Just got back home with a propane refill for my porch heater. Beer opened. Watching the sky. Good luck fellas! 

• Like 2