Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Nam is an absolute crushjob wow

Yes it is. I doubt I'm getting the foot that it's showing up here. I'd take half that and be happy (might be more realisitic).

I'm sitting at 30.5" since 12/1. I had 43" for the entire season last year. Just might eclipse that in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, jrips27 said:

I think I've settled on the Cashiers, NC area either at 3150' or 3800'. Not trying to get stuck on a mountain past Saturday but I guess the extra elevation would help haha. I'll make a final decision overnight

Please keep the ZR away:arrowhead:

StormTotalIce.png

Highlands, NC.  Over 4k feet.  You can stay and walk to all your food and stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Still not sure what to think about this storm. Model trends looked good day for my neck of the woods in Burke but good lord I can’t even count how many times this same setup has burnt me in WNC.

It’s a really close setup. I’ve seen many deform bands on models before that never really panned out. Down this way if we don’t get the heavy rates we’re gonna struggle with mixing issues.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Might have to adjust that a bit tomorrow. Such a tough forecast. Here’s the 18z Euro.

30f4921edd1138ef29801ddfdfff3f7c.jpg

Temps may be an issue here but I think we are in a prime spot for heavy precip with the flow direction. I'm sure there will be some surprises with this storm good and bad. I don't think your forecast is bad just think Asheville may have slightly  less precip especially with this type of flow 

24 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

HRRR has burned me so many times down in CLT I can’t trust it.  But damn if I don’t want to, Haywood is the jackpot on that map.  Over a foot at my house.

Lol I just mentioned that. The whole county gets hammered! I'll be doing some heavy trolling in the other thread!

• Like 4

GSP as of 5AM:

“The remaining Watch areas will take longer to see accumulation reach any criteria, and with the potential for accumulations to go one way or the other, we have held off on upgrading there. These areas almost certainly will need an Advisory or Warning depending on where their final forecast total ends up.”

They are seeing that the my Ptypes are going to be all over after fighting a slight warm nose. Calling for Good luck folks. The line will be fine for some in the foothills. Elevation is the name of the game.

• Like 1