Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

5 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

In what I can only assume was a bizarre flow direction I had more snow here at the house than Tynecastle did 700ft above me. Granted we only had about 3/4" but Boone got nothing and Tynecastle had a light dusting yesterday morning.
Very weird. First time that's ever happened.

Yeah the flow from this system was way different than anything I've ever seen. Places that usually get no flow snow had snow and normal places only had flurries. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Penland said:

In what I can only assume was a bizarre flow direction I had more snow here at the house than Tynecastle did 700ft above me. Granted we only had about 3/4" but Boone got nothing and Tynecastle had a light dusting yesterday morning.
Very weird. First time that's ever happened.

What I thought was also weird was the real lack of strong wind with the flow snow.  Normally at my location the snow doesn't just fall and lay but blows around everywhere.  I can get 5 inches and have a dusting in areas due to wind blowing it all away. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yep thats why I said im waiting until Tuesday for any real substance from the models. 

What's sad is we were saying that over 20 years ago. After millions of dollars spent and countless upgrades we're still having to wait until 48 hours from an event for us to be able trust the models.

• Like 5

I love you too, 12z GFS.

Geez. I think there were 4 or 5 events through the next 10 days. Tons of cold air being dumped continuously from Canada through 240. Really curious to see how different the euro is today. f8f6dc534037ce7bf6b3467274c17aca.jpg&key=f182934d557ae5f4258ba732d013dcda75c4f6d0729d85cc6d9925cf52aeefba

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Heavy dusting here this morning. Temps hovering just above freezing so not much on the roads. 

While we have a little break, I need a radar site. I've never paid for a weather service (if you discount  the money I've paid through the years of taxes to fund a weather agency) but I'm willing to if I can get a decent radar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Heavy dusting here this morning. Temps hovering just above freezing so not much on the roads. 

While we have a little break, I need a radar site. I've never paid for a weather service (if you discount  the money I've paid through the years of taxes to fund a weather agency) but I'm willing to if I can get a decent radar. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Radar scope is Worth the money. I’ve used in on my iPhone for about 3 years.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/radarscope/id288419283

Others may know more.

• Thanks 1

Radar scope is Worth the money. I’ve used in on my iPhone for about 3 years.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/radarscope/id288419283

Others may know more.

I second radarscope. I use it on Android and PC. The pro version for $10/yr is nice too.

And of course if you can get over the price tag the GR programs on pc are incredible as well.

I've heard good stuff about RadarOmega too that Micheal Phelps runs but I don't have it myself.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got a nice surprise of 1/4" inch fresh snow overnight.  LOL.  Just enough to coat everything.  Let there be another dusting tonight.

BTW...brand new 12z GFS basically doubled the amounts for the highcountry.  The upper level energy hasn't made it to shore yet but it will be over US land tomorrow morning so I would expect the models to start to align with it being sampled in our data network.  Wouldn't surprise me to see a tick back up in the amount across all the models.

• Like 5