Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

2 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Got down to 29.9 at 7 pm. Now at 33.7. I wonder if there any correlation between the CAD getting stronger and temps rising directly to the west of it. I've seen this many times where I live. Maybe Moto is right where they merge.

What I've noticed since we've had our place here for the past 4 winters in that Beech is on the west fringe of the CAD zone.  When CAD is building it seems to have no problem getting to my location but once it starts to erode I warm up very quickly while Blowing Rock just to my west stays much colder.  So I'm hoping for an overperforming system for my area since the high pressure feeding the CAD is pretty much anchored and not just sliding out to sea.

• Like 2

Getting nutting temp fluctuations here at elevation.
Was at 30 around 7p and then climbed to 34 by 950p and now have dropped to 28.0.  Lost 6 degrees in the last 30 minutes.
I was at 27 earlier, climbed up to 34 and now I've dropped 7 degrees in 50 minutes.

27.4/22 currently.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Idk, a 1040 HP sitting on the US/Canada border is pretty dang strong. 

We have had way better CAD situations in the mountains.  Yes the most favorable areas are doing well but the cold air eroded very quickly around several locations in the mountains.  A great cold air source would have temps in the teens. Yes congratulations to those seeing frozen precipitation.  After the past few years people will be happy with whatever frozen stuff falls. 

32 minutes ago, Sw NC weather said:

I think he meant the source. A 1040 HP is plenty good enough to work but I don’t think there’s much snow pack it’s coming over to hold the cold air. Correct me if I’m wrong lol.

Sort of but Eyewall hit on what I was afraid of yesterday and it has come to fruition in my opinion.