Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

3 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

The weather channel app says its 36 in Dry Fork. My Weather Station says 33.3 degrees...

That app sucks honestly as do most phone weather apps. I live very close to a river so I'm almost always colder than the closest airport on clear, calm nights 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

That app sucks honestly as do most phone weather apps. I live very close to a river so I'm almost always colder than the closest airport on clear, calm nights 

I've literally been at work where it was no ice in Danville , and drove out in the county to Dry Fork , and ICE all over the trees , decks and powerlines... big difference when u gain elevation and get away from the warm city. 

2 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

I think this could be a biggie for the eastern escarpment. The non talked about part of this storm is that precip never looks too tremendously heavy. That should help the  accretion. 

Take a peak at the 0Z runs of the 12k and 3k NAM. Unbelievable 

• Sad 1

Yeah, I think the serious freezing rain is going to be limited to the extreme edge of the Blue Ridge, in this particular storm.  I just don't think we're going to get too much once you get away from there.  You're going to need to be west of Marion, west of Lenoir, west of Wilkesboro, etc. to see any significant icing from this storm, IMO.  The Hi-Res NAM really highlights that.  I will be surprised if I have anything more than a little glistening in the treetops here in Hickory.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Still sitting at 28 here. First real ice potential since I moved to this part of the county so I'm interested to see how it goes in this little valley.

Just east of Boone and south down to Little Switzerland is going to be lights out I’m afraid. 

• Like 1