• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Whats interesting is that the southern and central mountains will change from rain to snow first with the way the flow is. I would say higher elevations will change tomorrow between noon and 2 tomorrow afternoon. I think also before the flow really goes NW I think many will see some flakes in the air by tomorrow late afternoon early evening. Then the NW flow will kick in tomorrow night from around 9 to midnight. 

Yeah gonna be pretty impressive for those in favorable places. If I recall correctly there wasn’t a good NW flow snow all last year.
I never picked up more than 3.5" in any one event all season. I'm hoping we get at least 4" here in Wolf just because of that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We will see what happens at 3300’ like Maggie said, though he’s in a better spot to get some flow snow than me I think.  Family emergency means I’ll be home for the events this week though it’s hard to get too excited about the possibilities with what’s going on.  2020 is just ugh.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

We will see what happens at 3300’ like Maggie said, though he’s in a better spot to get some flow snow than me I think.  Family emergency means I’ll be home for the events this week though it’s hard to get too excited about the possibilities with what’s going on.  2020 is just ugh.

I hope all is well. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

The wind out of the WNW is really starting to crank up here. Just had a 32 mph gust. The temp has dropped from 45° at 0600 to 34.1° currently.

20 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Upper 30’s at my place, low 40’s in town.  Lynn Lowry and Plott Balsam are covered in clouds, just looks and feels like a winter day with snow on the horizon.

Yep things are going to start up I think a bit sooner than I thought.  Although the radar is not that impressive yet.

From the GSP near term disco...

"It seems the best forcing/moisture and even limited instability line up for the best snowfall intensity late this afternoon through this evening when we may see snow squall conditions set up across the mountains, focused near the TN border."

Its been moderate snow here at 3100' for two hours or so but it's not sticking yet. I'm about to go check up the mountain.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1