• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Today is going to be a shock to the system with as warm as it has been. Highs in the 40s and 50s. Tomorrow morning lows in the 20s and low 30s then we get an even bigger push of cold air Monday.  I expect highs in the 30s and 40s with lowes in the 20s, maybe even some high elevation teens. Also with the cold air ushering in currently I cannot put it past anyone along the boarder to possibly see there first flakes of the season.  The further north you are the better chance you could see something.  

• Like 2

Glad Zeta from where I am sitting was not remotely as bad as Ivan or Opal and despite the very active season the mountains in general have not had the horrible tropical season that was in 2004.

Hopefully done with the tropics but not counting on it (something brewing out there now); looking forward to seeing some snow.

Happy Halloween

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Moonhowl said:

Glad Zeta from where I am sitting was not remotely as bad as Ivan or Opal and despite the very active season the mountains in general have not had the horrible tropical season that was in 2004.

Hopefully done with the tropics but not counting on it (something brewing out there now); looking forward to seeing some snow.

Happy Halloween

Frances and Ivan in '04 was an absolute mess up here! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Moonhowl said:

Happy Halloween

That is the fastest I've ever saw a hurricane hit the gulf then shoot up inland. 

6 hours ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Frances and Ivan in '04 was an absolute mess up here! 

Same here. Opal was rough but the double shot of those two resulted in the worst damage I've seen with tropical leftovers. Frances flooded us and then Ivan blew the trees down just ten days later. The blowdown is still very evident across my property. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Same here. Opal was rough but the double shot of those two resulted in the worst damage I've seen with tropical leftovers. Frances flooded us and then Ivan blew the trees down just ten days later. The blowdown is still very evident across my property. 

This is what always sticks out in my mind about those hurricanes. 

https://www.weather.gov/gsp/PeeksCreek

• Like 4