• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Once again getting rain well out ahead of the main event.  Just took the leaf blower to my very steep and potentially slick driveway; trying to beat the rain but ended up doing half of it while getting rained on.  Was not expecting it this early.  Probably not getting much sleep tonight.

46 minutes ago, Moonhowl said:

Once again getting rain well out ahead of the main event.  Just took the leaf blower to my very steep and potentially slick driveway; trying to beat the rain but ended up doing half of it while getting rained on.  Was not expecting it this early.  Probably not getting much sleep tonight.

No doubt. I was not expecting these heavy returns coming in the area. 1.94" this week already here. 

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Man I was just a wee laddie back then but that thing was a beast coming through here. 

I was living in the Jonathan Creek area of Haywood County at the time, Utah Mt.,  right at the 3'500 ft. level. The roar of the wind and the sounds of trees banging against each other and many snapping is something I will never forget. That was one wild ride!

8 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

I was living in the Jonathan Creek area of Haywood County at the time, Utah Mt.,  right at the 3'500 ft. level. The roar of the wind and the sounds of trees banging against each other and many snapping is something I will never forget. That was one wild ride!

Yeah I was living up Bethel. The river came right up to the back of the house I was living in. You could fish out our back door. Crazy and wild times. 

40 minutes ago, cold air aloft said:

Those of us who were around these parts in 1995 remember what high elevation tree damage tree damage Opal did. I sure hope we don't see a repeat of that but be safe out there y'all.

I remember attempting to sleep through Opal; that was a lost cause.  Recall hearing the wind gusts approaching like a freight train. 

Wife and I sat on the porch and watched the trees whip back and forth during Ivan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BretWx said:

Up to 105mph now. I'm guessing we'll probably see some gusts over the 40mph they're wrote. Finally some interesting weather!

Yea, a little too interesting; how about nice 6 or  7 inch snowstorm instead.  We will see what happens...definitely a middle of the night alarm clock will be set to get up and check the weather. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

What kind of wind are you getting?

I am guessing gusts around 25 mph so not looking good for the power when it increases.

Per Duke Energy there is an outage relatively close to me which I am sure is related to the power blinking I was experiencing.