Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

24 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Freeze in the forecast tonight.  Have already had two frosts.  Leaves are turning quickly... I expect peak here is about a week away and so far the colors are vibrant this year.

I think its going to be a vibrant fall for most of Michigan. colors starting here and this weeks weather is going to be PERFECT 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

It always amazes me how places in northern MN radiate, even if they're not in a valley or other drainage location. 

All that's needed is dry air and not being in a UHI setting - imagine that.  

The winds were fairly light at INL last night, but by no means calm.  And, obviously, no snow cover.  But it still dropped from 50F at 6 PM, to 32F at 10 PM.

• Thanks 1

Obviously long way out and might not happen but there have been occasional hints on guidance that what will eventually become tropical system Beta could get sucked into the region around next weekend.  Since it looks to be a TX/LA storm, that automatically increases the odds for eventual movement into the region, but still need a favorable enough synoptic pattern in place at that time to prevent too sharp of a recurve.

• Like 2

Frost advisory up to my east.  

Winds are currently off the lake around here, but should swing e/se later on tonight, putting the lake influence more on WI/IL.  Not a typical cold spot here by any means but I think we'll get into the upper 30s.  Don't think it will get colder than that here but who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

Frost advisories up all over the province for tonight. Forecast low of 37F at the airport but many of the burbs, including my area, could get down to 33-35F. 

Looking back through history, it would seem this cold is far from unusual. In fact, sub-freezing lows in September were common pre 1985 at the airport. There have been no sub-freezing lows at YYZ since 1993. Don't know if it's because of UHI or climate change or a combination of both. 

No frost advisory here, but think there's a good shot for at least some scattered frost.  We'll be on the west edge of the high pressure, and that's usually a great spot to be for maximum cooling as things go dead calm.  NAM 3km has us hitting 34, which looks quite plausible.  

Like Hoosier mentioned, it sure is nice to see blue skies again with little to no smoke overhead.  

6 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

No frost advisory here, but think there's a good shot for at least some scattered frost.  We'll be on the west edge of the high pressure, and that's usually a great spot to be for maximum cooling as things go dead calm.  NAM 3km has us hitting 34, which looks quite plausible.  

Like Hoosier mentioned, it sure is nice to see blue skies again with little to no smoke overhead.  

It shall return

trc1_int_f44.thumb.png.677f0fc8eb47ce1a90e7aae94ba9e239.png

• Sad 3

Record lows set at Detroit (38F) and Flint (30F). it appears that all outlying/rural areas either had a freeze or were close to it with heavy frost. The DTX NWS office in White Lake got down to 27! very impressive for it technically still being summer. We had some rooftop frost here but not on the ground. 

• Like 1

Any idea why they were lagging so much this morning into early afternoon?  At first I was wondering if there was some localized pocket of clouds but visible satellite didn't have much other than some smoke.

Finally had an chance to look into it. Looks like it was either nothing or potentially sensor related.

Having a really hard time cooling down esp in the city due to extensive cloud cover. That UHI really kicking in. YYZ been stuck at 52F for three hours now whereas most suburbs despite cloud cover are down into the low 40s. Primary reason why this month's avg temp is running above normal still.