• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

It has been fun telling various people how the milky white sky is from the fires out west.  Usually the initial reaction is disbelief so it will really be mind blowing if the smell can be detected.  I thought I smelled something a little while ago but it could've been and probably was a local source.

It's that time of year when we begin seeing wide diurnal swings.  For FWA, the normal summer differences of around 20° widens to around 25° before condensing again in late October. 

Should be about a 35° swing here tomorrow and the weekend also should see at least 30° differences. Shorts during the day and a hoodie at night.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It has been fun telling various people how the milky white sky is from the fires out west.  Usually the initial reaction is disbelief so it will really be mind blowing if the smell can be detected.  I thought I smelled something a little while ago but it could've been and probably was a local source.

thought the same thing a couple days ago

Temp struggling a bit at ORD.  May be in danger of not making it to 80 (or if it does, it would be a squeaker).  Not really sure what the problem is.  I mean, smoke is a factor you have to consider as of late but yesterday managed to get to 79.  And the starting point this morning was warmer than yesterday.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Temp struggling a bit at ORD.  May be in danger of not making it to 80 (or if it does, it would be a squeaker).  Not really sure what the problem is.  I mean, smoke is a factor you have to consider as of late but yesterday managed to get to 79.  And the starting point this morning was warmer than yesterday.

Even stranger, it is 4 degrees warmer at PWK.

2 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

That's a real hard freeze for this time of year for sure. Mid 30's here this a.m.. Mid to upper 50's this aftrn. Trees turning in town quicker than normal, so inland should be firing up good this week. By the lake, we're about 10-14 days later in color(warmer) and 10-14 days later in spring budding(colder) because of the water temps. Should be a nice drive up Hwy #2. I like to hit the Beaver river Rd off Hwy 15. It takes you up into Finland. That road has a stop for a walking trail that goes up on a ridge. During sunset on a clear day, the maples on the ridge across the valley look like their on fire. Awesome view. Been years tho since I've been up that way. Beaver river rd hits the Hefflefinger, and you go right for finland or left takes you north a ways until you hit Hwy #1 south of Isabella. Take #1 north until you hit #2 then go south back to TH. It's a long drive. Plenty of scenery and even a moose or 2.

• Like 1

Well up here in De Pere it has been a pretty chill September so far. Did not get the rain that Madison got up here last week, only 1-2" or so. The forecast looks pretty chilly the next few days, I have got frost advisories as close as Marinette and Shawano counties so that's nice. I expect that where I am in De Pere is a holdout for frost in the area. It's all urban and while we are low we are also only 7 miles or so from the lake. Up north though they might get into the 20's in the regular cold spots up by Rhinelander and Wausau. It'll be very interesting to see the little weather quirks of the area when I am around here.

• Like 1