Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

14 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Last night's Euro corrected back southeast somewhat next week.  It still cuts off an upper low to the west, but the frontal passage is a day or two earlier for our region compared to yesterday's extreme outlier run.

Looks refreshing.  00z Euro has the QC at 91 at 21z Monday, and at 58 at 21z Tue.  

They've already harvested some of the corn fields around here.  Earliest I can remember.

56 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Already 84 at ORD.  Normally that would make 90 very likely, but we are dealing with a frontal passage later to complicate things.

86 now

This should be a close one.  Warming probably cuts off after about 2 more hours, so the race is on to squeak out 4 more degrees.

2 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

86 now.

Looks like it’ll pass ORD by 1:30, so probably will end up being just an hour or so too fast for 90+.

Should get to at least 88 though.

Looks like the high likely was 88.  

May have been able to buy another degree or so if the cloud deck hadn't come in prior to the frontal passage.

5 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Not here but the meteogram for Denver off of the 12z Euro might be one of the wildest things I have ever seen.

ecmwf-operational-KDEN-daily_tmin_tmax_e

ecmwf-operational-KDEN-tmp_qpf_snow_ecmw

Just your routine 95 to 35.

Not really familiar with Denver climo, but that amount of snow strikes me as unusually early even for them.

Just now, Hoosier said:

Just your routine 95 to 35.

Not really familiar with Denver climo, but that amount of snow strikes me as unusually early even for them.

It has happened a few times in Sept, 1971 had 17.2" and 1995 had 7.4" there were a few more instances over a foot for the month but those were back around 1900.

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

12z Euro had Denver at 95 degrees at 21z Mon, and snowing at 37 degrees by 12z Tue, just 15hrs later.  Incredible.  On top of that 6-12" of snow falls (kuchera method).  That would def be something to experience.

EDIT:  Warm ground/sun angle issues? :lol:

00z gfs even crazier for Denver and Western KS. Goodland goes from 103 to snow in less than 48 hours.

gfs-operational-KGLD-tmp_qpf_snow-9177600.thumb.png.f1d1c9366632b2a4941408be36e0983e.png

gfs-operational-KDEN-tmp_qpf_snow-9177600.thumb.png.94f7213447ca2ee296bc61b5471b93cb.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1