Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 General Discussion

Hoosier

27 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Looking like average temps for September for the CFS in its "good" range. Welcome fall!

La Nina Septembers are hit-or-miss but they typically mean more ups and downs than consistent warmth or consistent cold through-out the month. So average sounds right. 

1 minute ago, michsnowfreak said:

it's crazy to think that it's only been 3.5 months since I've had snow and the first flakes of the next season may only be 1.5 month away. I know, I know :weenie:

Same here, last flakes fell on May 10th, which is the latest I can remember for here since I've been alive.  You guys have a good shot at getting some flakes from the lakes early on, so chances of early flakes there def are better than here.  We always need to get lucky and get some sort of early season event, or a big lakes storm with a large backlash of snow flurries.  The early season backlash flurries are almost always modeled too far south in the mid-range, only to pull further to the north/east as the event gets closer.  

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Same here, last flakes fell on May 10th, which is the latest I can remember for here since I've been alive.  You guys have a good shot at getting some flakes from the lakes early on, so chances of early flakes there def are better than here.  We always need to get lucky and get some sort of early season event, or a big lakes storm with a large backlash of snow flurries.  The early season backlash flurries are almost always modeled too far south in the mid-range, only to pull further to the north/east as the event gets closer.  

What was incredible in May is that it snowed on 5 consecutive days (May 8-12), complete with heavy snow and legit Winter wonderland conditions for a few hours each side of midnight May 10/11. As for October, historically it's a 50/50 shot for seeing the 1st snowflakes, however 7 of the last 8 Octobers have seen snow. Prior to that, 9 of the previous 10 Octobers saw no snow. So it's very hit-and-miss, lately it's been a hit.  I generally say, and I mean it honestly, October is the month I enjoy all the fall color then November 1st let it snow. However any time there's temptation of seeing snowflakes in October, I get excited.