• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Who is the most annoying chaser?

KPITSnow

Easily Jeff P. His constants "end of the world" type tone and screaming constantly "here comes the worst guys!" drove me crazy last night.

I distinctly remember watching a chase of his where he dropped the camera during a tornado live stream and started screaming about power flashes and things blowing up we couldn't see.

• Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Easily Jeff P. His constants "end of the world" type tone and screaming constantly "here comes the worst guys!" drove me crazy last night.

I distinctly remember watching a chase of his where he dropped the camera during a tornado live stream and started screaming about power flashes and things blowing up we couldn't see.

"145 Downtown.."  "Stop calling me."  :facepalm:

Cannot believe he didn't use Do not disturb mode or just turn the damn thing off.

• Haha 3

These guys put so much hard work and effort in, I don't wanna get specific or use names.

I will say one chaser in particular has shocked me how he has become a world-wide phenomenon and gets awesome footage everytime. Another chaser is fantastic and puts in hard work, but we never see anything good. A dark webcam of a wave? It's not 1958. 

It's a risky business in more ways than one. What is funny is that I actually feel like Jim Leonard got the best footage back in the 1980s and 1990s. I don't understand why we have such better technology and so many powerful hurricane opportunities and yet the footage often seems...boring.

These guys put so much hard work and effort in, I don't wanna get specific or use names.
I will say one chaser in particular has shocked me how he has become a world-wide phenomenon and gets awesome footage everytime. Another chaser is fantastic and puts in hard work, but we never see anything good. A dark webcam of a wave? It's not 1958. 
It's a risky business in more ways than one. What is funny is that I actually feel like Jim Leonard got the best footage back in the 1980s and 1990s. I don't understand why we have such better technology and so many powerful hurricane opportunities and yet the footage often seems...boring.
Lol Mike. You're afraid to use Josh's name? Dude has earned it.
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Windspeed said:
2 hours ago, Floydbuster said:

Lol Mike. You're afraid to use Josh's name? Dude has earned it.

I think he means timmer in the first example and Josh in the second. 

2 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Whoever the guys were on the Beauregard Al tornado who saw houses and places destroyed and continued to chase and then kept going in and out of lane of oncoming traffic.

Wonder if anybody checked to see if someone is was in the RV that everyone saw blow over.

Might be worth a knock on the roof..."Anybody home?"

• Like 1

There’s an audience it seems for each type of chaser personality that streams.  I plan to begin live streaming in the near future. If and when I do, those who want to be entertained by “end of the world” narration aren’t going to be too interested, as I’m of the mindset that it’s all about the storm and not about me!  Likely will just set up a cam and let it stream the action as I’m filming with another close by.   

I’m also not one who’s a big fan of countless selfie’s for the same reason.  To each their own, as long as they aren’t hurting anyone, I guess!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:48 PM, Floydbuster said:

Jim Leonard was an extremely thoughtful individual who truly wasn’t in it for the notoriety, but simply wanted to be in the storm.  His footage from the eyewall of hurricane Allen way back in 1980 was the first time any chaser captured MH winds on film.   

I don’t really follow chasers so I don’t have anyone specific in mind. But in general, anyone that places money and/or getting the best video above the wellbeing and safety of others. Bonus points for those that seem to show no care or respect for the people actually being impacted around them that are being injured or otherwise having their lives devastated. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteoutWX said:

I don’t really follow chasers so I don’t have anyone specific in mind. But in general, anyone that places money and/or getting the best video above the wellbeing and safety of others. Bonus points for those that seem to show no care or respect for the people actually being impacted around them that are being injured or otherwise having their lives devastated. 

So Derek Smith?