Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Severe Weather Event Possible Thursday, August 27, 2020

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Is there a way to see past radar loops on radarscope? I lost cell and wifi right when it came over. 

Upton did good a good job getting out the tornado warning. Everyone I talked there phones blew up with the warning well before it hit. 

I think you can with their highest level subscription.

22 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Is there a way to see past radar loops on radarscope? I lost cell and wifi right when it came over. 

Upton did good a good job getting out the tornado warning. Everyone I talked their phones blew up with the warning well before it hit. 

Here are a few stills I took of this helps any 

61B183B7-1513-423A-9106-A2E7358F7F8D.png

3BA7842E-E5D1-41B7-A746-BA71713FC805.png

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Don't know if this is true or not, but my neighbor heard there are multiple fatalities on the Merritt related to falling trees. Anyone else heard anything?

That's called Thursday on the parkway. That highway is a death trap from falling trees, curves and hills, 100 ft exit ramps, and on ramps with stop signs at the end.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

That's called Thursday on the parkway. That highway is a death trap from falling trees, curves and hills, 100 ft exit ramps, and on ramps with stop signs at the end.

I once got rear ended because I came around a bend and there was a couch in the middle of the parkway.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Yeah, rough summer for plants.  Been spending a lot of time watering to keep the new plantings going around the house.  Mature trees looking very tired from the dry stress.

There’s tons of yellows and browns in the woods and driving all around . Looks like a fur foliage season again. Let’s hope Saturday performs. The last week was supposed to and each event failed other than narrow zones 

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I once got rear ended because I came around a bend and there was a couch in the middle of the parkway.

Yeah I would never go on it unless I was desperate to bypass 95 and the post rd. If there's even the slightest bit of inclement weather trees come crashing down. The interesting part of that is when it was built there weren't all those trees around. I've seen pictures of what it looked like when it first opened and it didn't look like a highway jammed through a forest as it does today.

1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Yeah I would never go on it unless I was desperate to bypass 95 and the post rd. If there's even the slightest bit of inclement weather trees come crashing down. The interesting part of that is when it was built there weren't all those trees around. I've seen pictures of what it looked like when it first opened and it didn't look like a highway jammed through a forest as it does today.

It's a very scenic drive, but definitely was not designed with modern day driving in mind.

I have a place on Leete's Island in Guilford and that was more damage than Sandy or Irene. A fine plastering of vegetive matter on windows and screens. Lot of extremely well-weathered and very strong trees down. My dingy tied to my dock was flipped-over, had to recover it while the tide was high and some daylight left (save the 5hp motor!). Weird observation- at about 6pm (an hour after the main storm) the water in Leete's Island Bay was surging in/out every 10-15 minutes about 12 inches (not exaggerating). Happened three distinct times, then subsequently faded.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 11.11.10 PM.png

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Well that was quite a day

9 minutes ago, CTFarmer said:

I have a place on Leete's Island in Guilford and that was more damage than Sandy or Irene. A fine plastering of vegetive matter on windows and screens. Lot of extremely well-weathered and very strong trees down. My dingy tied to my dock was flipped-over, had to recover it while the tide was high and some daylight left (save the 5hp motor!). Weird observation- at about 6pm (an hour after the main storm) the water in Leete's Island Bay was surging in/out every 10-15 minutes about 12 inches (not exaggerating). Happened three distinct times, then subsequently faded.

@CT Rain hmm

Weird observation- at about 6pm (an hour after the main storm) the water in Leete's Island Bay was surging in/out every 10-15 minutes about 12 inches (not exaggerating). Happened three distinct times, then subsequently faded.

noaanosco-opsobserved-wa.jpeg

That's amazing-

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

@CT Rain hmm

Weird observation- at about 6pm (an hour after the main storm) the water in Leete's Island Bay was surging in/out every 10-15 minutes about 12 inches (not exaggerating). Happened three distinct times, then subsequently faded.

noaanosco-opsobserved-wa.jpeg

Ha- that's crazy (or rather I'm not crazy). I checked the mid-sound buoy for observations, but naturally its offline.

I'm super-curious if this is water pushed from the storm(s) and it was sloshing around Long Island Sound.

49 minutes ago, CTFarmer said:

We mentioned Leete's Island and Stony Creek a few times on air this afternoon - was a wild looking storm down that way.