• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Significant Severe Weather Event Possible Thursday, August 27, 2020

weatherwiz

Just spoke to a friend in Stony Creek area of branford. He couldn't get to his home on rt146, had to park way up by the highway and walk... Naturally no power when he finally got there. Sounds like a real mess, and yeah they only just recovered from the TC, probably looking at another week without power...

What a storm. Came right over me. Huge gusts coming in from all directions. Definitely some rotation. The damage I am hearing from friends in the area is nuts. Telephone poles blown over but not from trees falling. 

From what i am hearing. It started around exit 9 in North Haven and went SE right into Branford. There was another one possibly further north that went right through the center of North Haven. Last radar shot before I lost power and cell service.

I am new to radar scope. Is there a way to see past radar data?

Screenshot_20200827-172703_Gallery.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

North Haven Hamden has seen some shit in the past several years. 

Not only Feb 13 historic snow but Jan 11 historic 30" in North Haven, jackpot in all of New England, May 18 Hamden tornado, August 16 tornado in North Haven, and todays possible tornado in North Haven/Hamden.

Not exclusive to Hamden, but I like to throw the '11 Norlun in there too.

• Thanks 1

So in the end this turned out to have been modeled rather well, at least by the CAMs. Warm front placement pretty much as advertised, supercells along front as advertised, and all the damage seems to have occurred along that line (at least in CT), mostly from that one storm.  I feel for those who lost power and property tho, never want to see that...

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wiz needs to stop fondling his girlfriend and get good video that gives perspective.

I legit got there maybe a minute before that happened. I even broke my camcorder in the process of setting it up. Had I gotten there earlier I could have been under a overhang at the mall entrance 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Going to malls and airports is no fun. You see nothing except the rain coming. Go where there’ll be danage

I like open fields for shelf cloud pics and to see storm structure...but I usually also try to go where there are trees around (just not too close)