Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Significant Severe Weather Event Possible Thursday, August 27, 2020

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Branford must’ve gotten nailed...10,000 outages there per Eversource...just over 30k statewide

Lost power and cell service here in Branford. Was insane. I am hearing North Haven is a disaster.

Last frame before I lost cell service.

Screenshot_20200827-161220_RadarScope.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Spaizzo said:

Anyone near route 80 are of north Branford? My gram is there by herself and well cannot get a hold of her.

Cell phones are down all over Branford, East Haven, North Haven, etc. Can't get ahold of anyone either. Im on wifi off my generator. 

• Like 2

Crazy storm, when it went over New Haven it was moving so fast I literally didn't have time to hold the phone up for a shot of the meso. Between when the tor warning went out and when it hit was literally a few minutes. I got one good look at the meso/wall cloud and then wham, crazy sideways rain and visibility = 0. Would not be surprised if there was a tor in there near North Haven, it really ramped up then. Was all over in like 10 minutes, with sunshine on the other side. Crazy. Really wish I had got a pic tho, was very cool looking, if only for a few secs...

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Feel for the New Haven peeps. Hope no loss of life or property. Saw too many people got caught out in it. Thanks to Wizzy for shielding this area though. 

If I had been home, you can bet Hamden would've had a gentle sun shower. But naturally, being at Fishers, the town got clocked.